PIP paperbased assessment

Options
If you had a paper based assessment for PIP with CAPITA, roughly how long did it take to turn around please?

I have been waiting since July last year, GP sent further info over to them back in October. I rung them today and they said it's still being assessed with all the medical information.

Thank you
Lib

Comments

• Stoodles
    Stoodles Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Submitted in February, I chased in July, face to face offered in August. Advocate made a formal complaint about location of appointment (4 hours+ travel), and pushed for a paper based assessment.
    Compensation paid in September, Decision received in October

So in total it took 8 months, but from the response to the complaint it looks as though nothing happened from early April to late July
  • paragon909
    paragon909 Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options
    Mine was a paper based, Mine only took like 1 month, Paper based assessment september 2015, Had an award for october 2015 for 5 years. Can't complain! Hope the reassessment is that easy!
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Libbyd wrote: »
    If you had a paper based assessment for PIP with CAPITA, roughly how long did it take to turn around please?

I have been waiting since July last year, GP sent further info over to them back in October. I rung them today and they said it's still being assessed with all the medical information.

Thank you
    Lib
    Have you been told it's a paper based assessment? If not then it's still possible you could be asked to attend a face 2 face assessment.
  • Libbyd
    Libbyd Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Have you been told it's a paper based assessment? If not then it's still possible you could be asked to attend a face 2 face assessment.

Yes it is being paper based after I couldn't do a face to face and my doctor backed up a face to face would not be do able so PIP said I could be paper based. I rung them yesterday and they said it's still being assessed.

Thank you

Lib
  • paragon909
    paragon909 Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options
    Libbyd wrote: »
    Yes it is being paper based after I couldn't do a face to face and my doctor backed up a face to face would not be do able so PIP said I could be paper based. I rung them yesterday and they said it's still being assessed.

Thank you

Lib

Normally they send you a sms message saying they have enough information for your claim and you don't need to contact. Or a letter.
  • Libbyd
    Libbyd Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    paragon909 wrote: »
    Normally they send you a sms message saying they have enough information for your claim and you don't need to contact. Or a letter.

I haven't had any SMS since they received my application back in July. I have been having to ring them for any updates. They are dealing with it but they said paper based can take a very long time with no time frame to give me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure