We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
money transfer
tedhunkin
Posts: 1 Newbie
After watching moneysaving advise on tv re money transfers I have a question
If I had a £3000 balance on my credit card and £7000 available could I get £3000 transfered to my bank account at (3% fee 0% interest which Lloyds will do) then pay it back into my credit card to get 0% interest for the 9 months
OR HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING
If I had a £3000 balance on my credit card and £7000 available could I get £3000 transfered to my bank account at (3% fee 0% interest which Lloyds will do) then pay it back into my credit card to get 0% interest for the 9 months
OR HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING
0
Comments
-
Complicated way of doing a balance transfer !0
-
It costs £90 AFAICS. Why would you want to spend this sort of money?0
-
Yes you can do this.
Presumably because the balance is interest bearing and this way the OP will pay only the 3% fee but no interest for the next 9 months. A 3% fee is pretty average for existing customer offers and to be being only offered 9 months at 0% would imply that the OP's credit history may not be good enough to get a new card with lower fee/longer term. If they could get better they probably would already have done so and not be paying interest on their balance.It costs £90 AFAICS. Why would you want to spend this sort of money?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
