Put away your purse & become debt-averse

Options

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    foxgloves wrote: »
    Lol, Chrystal.....well maybe you should have a go at jam making & I should try making my own crumpets. I love baking, but they are something I've never tried. Oh.no, now I want a bloomin' crumpet myself & I want one now.........two packs in the freezer.......must try to be strong as my jeans felt slightly looser today.
    I do not need a jammy crumpet.
    Nope! I still want one.
    Grrrrr. Going to try 5 mins of thinking thin crumpetless thoughts.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Let us know if they worked!
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    PurpleFairy - Yes the blackberries ate early. My neighbour still hasn't got rid of his brambles that poke through my hedge. I cuss them all year.....until the berries start appearing, then I smile sweetly & ask mr f he fancies going up the ladder cos I might fall off!
    I use cooking apples or dual purpose ones.
    Agree re the boozy fruit. I freeze ours when I bottle the liqueur & it makes a nice dessert if you put a good vanilka ice cream in a meringue nest, heat up the boozy fruit & pour it over the top. I was singing rock classics after three spoonfuls!!
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    foxgloves wrote: »
    Lol, Chrystal.....well maybe you should have a go at jam making & I should try making my own crumpets. I love baking, but they are something I've never tried. Oh.no, now I want a bloomin' crumpet myself & I want one now.........two packs in the freezer.......must try to be strong as my jeans felt slightly looser today.
    Nope! I still want one.
    Grrrrr. Going to try 5 mins of thinking thin crumpetless thoughts.

Thin crumpetless thoughts - brilliant :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Now I want a crumpet with melted butter on, not marg or anything like that and I'm not even hungry.

Off to research crumpet recipes.....
  • foxgloves
    Options
    You will be impressed that I DIDN'T succumb to a late night jammy crumpet-scoffing session. Go me!
    Well, a rubbish night's sleep last night. Woke at 3.30 & that was it. Had some stressful news the previous day & I just COULDN'T switch my brain off. I read somewhere about bio-rhythms that night time is a particularly poor time for problem solving & I can believe that because it's so quiet, there are no distractions plus you're fretting that you are lying there awake for hours on end & will feel like sh*t in the morning, so whatever the big worry is, just goes round & round your head until you feel like Mrs Stessy of Stressville.
    So when I got up at 6.30, I knew I'd need a really busy day. No spending involved (apart from an on-budget online grocery order!). I took myself off to my greenhouse where everything has grown like triffids & had a useful morning weeding, cutting back, removing hopeless causes (two sulky aubergine plants) & picking a lovely basketful of everything that was ready. Picked a bright cheery free bunch of flowers for the house too. I do feel a bit better tonight.
    And pleased that a strong meal plan meant getting grocery order in on target - even managed to include a few items to start our emergency stores.
    The cause of the stress has not gone away & will mean some tricky times ahead, but I am going to throw myself into keeping busy & embracing my frugal ways.
    Wishing all fellow frugalistas a peaceful evening.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the stressful situation foxgloves. Sometimes it seems never ending, just jumping from one thing to another... except of course few if any of the 'first' stressful situations are solved before another one hits you where it hurts... book, teashirt etc etc. I hope you can manage to sort things out so they are at least manageable ((hugs))
    Your greenhouse sounds wonderful, just the sort of place to relax and forget, as far as possible, the troubles of the world. Enjoy your lovely fresh food and the glorious flowers. X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • foxgloves
    Options
    Thanks, Chrystal, that's kind....& very true. When I know a bit more, I can get planning. When the going gets tough, the tough get......planning!
    F
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear you have had some stressful news,I hope you get whatever it is sorted,your day sounds perfect,I keep trying to get out in the garden but I've just been too busy lately,I have three days off in a row next week so I should be able to devote at least one of them to the garden
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you're ok Foxgloves. I'm sorry to hear you're so stressed out, but pleased that you're ready to tackle it xxx
  • foxgloves
    Options
    Thanks OBL & CCL for kind thoughts. I'm ok, it's just that things had settled down since losing both my Dad & a close friend last year & I was hoping for a sort of 'consolidation year' with minimal stress. Oh well, it is what it is. Am trying not to catastrophize. Far better to tell myself "I'll deal with things when & IF they happen".
    F x
  • foxgloves
    Options
    Morning debtbusters,
    Well today I have to go out for an event which (including about 3 miles cycling time) will be 11.25 to 3.00. No objections to going....in fact I volunteered, but the downside is that I've ended up with a day where I shan't get nearly as much done. So on the money saving front, I shall almost certainly have an NSD, I shall do all my regular little daily bits of money saving which I bore everyone with on the DFW Small Things thread, I shall water the veggie garden.....then I've decided the most useful money saving thing I can do before mr f gets home, is to crack on with knitting the socks I'm making him for Christmas. They are nice slouchy style boot socks & would cost a heck of a lot more on a craft stall than the £12 I paid for the 2 balls of yarn ages ago. I will probably get more for my cash too as will have sufficient yarn left to add to at least one, prob two other projects, either for gifting or selling if my sis does her annual handknitting stall this year. So my needles are clacking. I buy gifts to put away all year. The box comes out in September, a list is made of what I have bought for whom & it's surprising how much this assists the festive budget.
    Anyway, kettle going on (again!) & must get my needles clacking.
    Cheers,
    F x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback