Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Do you recognise this painting?

Options
2»

Comments

• Ivrytwr3
    Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    nXCLY2g.jpg

rSNTWI5.jpg
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,999 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think the signature could be that of Henricus Gerardus De Korte (aka Hennie or Henni De Korte), a Dutch painter born in 1941. He signed his paintings as H.G. de. Korte. A google search for other paintings by him will give you some signatures that you can compare with the painting you have.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • kacielmorgan
    Options
    I don't recognise it but it is a lovely painting.
  • StumpyPumpy
    StumpyPumpy Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    sig.jpg

I've enhanced the signature which may help someone to recognise it, but I don't.

Personally, I doubt it is worth anything because most paintings really aren't and this one isn't the best painted or of a particularly desirable subject. Of course, attribution can vastly alter levels of desirability :rotfl:

Another doubt in my mind is whether or not it is actually an original. Obviously, pictures on the web show a limited story but, apart from the vertical ones created by the varnish, you'd expect to see signs of brush strokes showing through and obvious depth in the paint. These pictures show none of that. Which makes me wonder whether it is actually an oleograph. (I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.)

Good luck with the on going hunt.

SP
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure