Can I claim PPI

Options
Hi,

The answer may seem a resounding yes if it was mis-sold, but heres my partners situation.

Before my partner met me, she used to get mortgage advice from The Mortgage Bureau. The way The Mortgage Bureau work is that they will look for the best mortgage on the market based on your circumstances, and will do this free of any fees, so long as you buy the insurances that they recommend, which my partner did for a number of re-mortgages when they reached the end of their fixed fee.

I'm going to look through all her paperwork, which she has kept, but before I do, I wanted to make sure I'm not wasting my time, and that it can be classed as mis-sold by saying that she had to have it to prevent any fees.

Any ideas?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    It wasn't mis sold, as it was agreed that she would buy the insurances in lieu of a fee. It was a valid business model.

Don't waste your time on it.
  • smilin
    smilin Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you zx81, I thought that may be the case. Was worth getting the clarification in case I was wrong
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,485 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The way The Mortgage Bureau work is that they will look for the best mortgage on the market based on your circumstances, and will do this free of any fees, so long as you buy the insurances that they recommend,

Very common model used by thousands of mortgage brokers. Completely normal and acceptable as long as the insurance is suitable.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure