IVA completed then Plevin PPi refund

Hello all,
I completed my IVA on 16 January 2018, early, through a " Full and Final Offer " . I am currently waiting for my completion certificate, which should arrive approx. 3 months from Jan 2018 ( i.e. April 16 2018 ).
I have received today, 24th February 2018 , a letter from a credit card company, which originally refused my ordinary PPi claim, saying I am due a Refund due to the " Plevin " PPi .
In this detailed 5 page letter, it says that I am due to the refund of £........ under the Plevin rule.
It also says that they ( the credit card company), understand that I am , or have been in an IVA, and are sending the cheque for the amount of refund due, directly to my IP (stepchange )
My question is, is this correct ? , are they correct in sending the refund cheque directly to my IP ( stepchange), given that my IVA finished in January, or should I be due this refund ?
Thanks.

Comments

• You IVA is not finished until your certificate of completion is issued. As you have not received this yet your IVA is still active.

It is right that they have sent the cheque the IP.

The only thing I would query in your post is the terms of your f&f. I would think given the IPs knowledge of PPI refunds many people receive, some without knowledge like yourself, they would not put in any wording that would mean they could not claim these funds, however it is worth checking.

How substantial is the PPI refund?
    And what was your total debt and p in the £ agreed in full and final variation?
    Another situation where you may get some of the funds is if 100p in the £ is reached.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure