Direct Line - Amazon Voucher

Options

Comments

• tmwang50
    tmwang50 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Tony - are you able to chase this on our behalf as nobody seems to be getting anywhere with Direct Line? thank you.
  • TEP101
    TEP101 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I first messaged info@directlinetreat.co.uk and have still had no resolution. Every reply seemed like I had never emailed them before with my information and their mailbox was full the other week.

Tony can you chase this up please?
  • JeffPW
    JeffPW Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi there. Two emails ignored. I did call direct line on the general number for policy holders and the rep just googled and suggested I did the same to find an email address to contact. Used this one and as I say - ignored
  • LeFlick
    Options
    Hi
    I went through the emailing process about 6 weeks worth. I ended up carpet bombing them with the same emails just out of frustration with the lack of replies. I finally asked them who they would prefer me to contact the Advertising Standards or Trading Standards as the incentive did influence my purchase.

They did eventually ring which went to voicemail and my voucher has been emailed to me.

The number if it helps anyone is 01565 832865. Good luck.
  • tmwang50
    Options
    I've been told they have now emailed me the voucher again after sending them about another 4 emails! Surprisingly nothing has arrived. Thanks for the number I think I will be calling them up!
  • tmwang50
    Options
    Thanks Le Flick. Rang that number and a very helpful Rachel sent me the voucher straight away although she did seem to have trouble sending it from the official Direct Line email so used her own email of the company they have obviously rolled it out to.

Thanks again.
  • antiluce
    Options
    We have purchased 3 Direct Line insurance policies as a result of seeing the £45 Amazon voucher offer on MSE. I have received a voucher for my car policy but my Wife has not received one for her separate policy and we are still waiting for the voucher for our house policy! Sent emails and made phone calls but get nowhere. I currently stand at £90 down, I expected better will not be trusting online offers again.
  • harj1185
    harj1185 Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would call the number mentioned above (01565 832865).

I had to call 3 times on a weekly basis, they had written my email address down wrong twice so the lady gave me my voucher code out over the phone today. Had 2 policies on this deal, one for myself and one for my father - one came through by email and now just chased the other.

Hope you get yours sorted!
  • Harvey07
    Harvey07 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am looking at buying either a multi car policy off the back of the £40 voucher offer currently on Direct Line car insurance or possibly two separate policies if I can potentially get two x £40 vouchers, but must confess, reading your experiences on this thread and others on the same topic they are making me wonder whether it’s worth all the hassle. Direct Line are about the same cost as my existing insurers but with slightly better cover & the voucher option(s) would seal it.

Any progress with your vouchers guys?
  • belstead
    Options
    I'm another having big problems getting these vouchers. They are now almost a month overdue. I contacted them by phone yesterday and was promised a call back by the end of the day, of course that didn't happen.

After a chat on twitter this morning I was told it had been passed on to the company who handle this promotion and they are looking into it.

I made the point to them that this third party company are causing a lot of bad publicity and ill feeling towards Direct Line. They will be a company I do not consider for insurance in the future on the back of this hassle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure