New Post Advanced Search

ASDA Money cashback credit card rate drop

edited 22 February 2018 at 5:16PM in Credit Cards
53 replies 10.8K views
Midland45Midland45 Forumite
89 posts
Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
edited 22 February 2018 at 5:16PM in Credit Cards
Just received a letter stating the cashback rate for non Asda shop/fuel is dropping from 0.5% to 0.2%. The rate remains 1.0% for Asda spend, these changes are from 13/04/18.

Replies

• WillPSWillPS Forumite
    412 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Well that kills the product. Can anyone confirm whether the 'Plus' variant has a similar drop?
  • dj1471dj1471 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭
    Are you still receiving cashback or have you been switched to vouchers?

Just wondering if both are affected or just one.
  • stevenhp1987stevenhp1987 Forumite
    907 posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    This will be a result of the new interchange cap (0.3% max fee).

I'd expect a lot of other card providers to follow suit as they are making a loss on 0.5%
  • AkahotpotAkahotpot Forumite
    155 posts
    I use Asda petrol and shop there as its convenient but will have to see what other reward cards are available for non ASDA purchases
  • ixatixat Forumite
    40 posts
    Ah. Interesting! Not had that letter yet - probably in the post.
    I stopped using my Tesco card as the points are becoming almost worthless progressively and now the Asda card will lose much of its attraction.
    I've been paying flights and car insurance on it recently since card charges were dropped by the insurers/airlines and have got about £15 in vouchers now to cash in (bottle of whiskey maybe!); every little (used to) help etc.
    Back to cash? Maybe not.....
  • 20aday20aday Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    And it appears they!!!8217;ve yet to update their website as it!!!8217;s still showing the old cash back rates...
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • Birdman2015Birdman2015 Forumite
    169 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts
    As soon as I saw this post last night I applied for a Tandem card, I was intending getting that card anyway for holiday spending but will now use it for back up to my AMEX card.
  • Frank99Frank99 Forumite
    397 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭
    That is disappointing, i'll be looking out for that letter!
    Enjoy everyday like it's your last!
  • edited 24 February 2018 at 9:46AM
    Midland45Midland45 Forumite
    89 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 24 February 2018 at 9:46AM
    dj1471 wrote: »
    Are you still receiving cashback or have you been switched to vouchers?

Just wondering if both are affected or just one.
    I only recently got the cashback card, didn consider the Plus card due to the monthly fee, so only had the option for Asda vouchers. I did apply via TopCashback and got £20, not that they have actually coughed up yet.
    I do tend to get fuel at Asda so will still use it for that and its 1% cashback voucher. My wife also has a card, and even though we both applied the same day, she has not yet received the dreaded letter. No doubt it is winging its way here also.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its a pain but where else do you go?