Switching from British Gas to British Gas?

Options
So I recently switched to British Gas, but the newly announced hot fix Feb 19 would be better for me. It says this is not available directly from British Gas, but only via switching through something like the Energy Saving Club.
Can I switch from British Gas to this alternative British Gas tariff through Energy Saving Club?

Comments

• grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 21 February 2018 at 6:16PM
    Options
    I'm doing the same with Scottish Power. You have to re-input all your data and Direct Debit details BUT there is a box where you can put your current account number. So yes, it should be possible.

PS. not a gas story but I switched from Plusnet to John-Lewis Broadband (same company) and after 3months all hell broke lose (charging went hay-wire) because "our system couldn't handle this change"
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • meryll83
    meryll83 Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    Will they charge me exit fees even if I'm staying with them, but just changing tariff?
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    meryll83 wrote: »
    Will they charge me exit fees even if I'm staying with them, but just changing tariff?
    No. Just make sure you enter your customer number in the "British Gas reference" box on the Energy Club Form. Try it -see the reference box- before filling in the information and "go for it" button.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure