Ex partner says he needs to know my income?

Options
2»

Comments

• Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    Penitent wrote: »
    Could he want this information to give final figures when he closes the joint tax credit claim?

This. Although it's the income for the tax year that they will require, not your monthly income and it will be up to you provide these figures yourself.

The renewal process hasn't started yet though, it will be issued between April and June.
  • JeanBaby
    Options
    The claim was closed back at the beginning of January, tax credits get all my wage information from my employer direct. I am unsure as to what I should do now. My freind has mentioned that he may be trying to find out my income for child support purposes which makes me think he may be planning on taking my daughter? I!!!8217;m really scared.
  • Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    JeanBaby wrote: »
    The claim was closed back at the beginning of January, tax credits get all my wage information from my employer direct. I am unsure as to what I should do now. My freind has mentioned that he may be trying to find out my income for child support purposes which makes me think he may be planning on taking my daughter? I!!!8217;m really scared.

The tax credit claim will still need to be finalised but as I mentioned, the renewal process hasnt started yet. You'll be sent it in the new tax year and it'll be up to you to check your details, you don't pass the details to him.

Do you have a single claim for tax credits now? If so you'd be told if he puts in a claim for the children.

Are you receiving maintenance? If so is it through CSA/CMS or whatever they are called these days?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure