IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Court Claim Form N1 Received for PCN 18 months ago

Options

Comments

• tonkasdog
    tonkasdog Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I wasn't there, I wasn't driving?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OK, then write about what you know. What the driver has told you. What the signs looked like when, as the keeper, you visited the site to find out.
    Explain exactly why POFA isn't relevant.
  • tonkasdog
    Options
    Thanks for info
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 14 August 2018 at 7:39PM
    Options
    tonkasdog wrote: »
    Isn't a witness statement basically an expansion of the defence points?

No

Read up on the ws in the FAQ #2

And maybe Google it
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,874 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 August 2018 at 5:19PM
    Options
    I just posted a WS written by bargepole, linked in the NEWBIES thread post #2 to sally's thread. It shows you the style of writing. Adapt it to your facts as you know them, and state at the start that you were not the driver and therefore cannot be held liable and explain briefly why the POFA covers you here.

And think about the EVIDENCE you will be attaching. You will not be posting this today, no rushing it, take the rest of today and the morning an anyway, we tell people to take their WS and evidence in a ring binder and deliver it in person to the local court.

Not email or post for this important file of documents! except email the Claimant's version to them, make them deal with emails but NOT the court or they may well NOT print any of it out.

And a 'posted' court version suggests to me, a rushed mish-mash of pages. Don't do that! You want a nice, organised, easy to read, paginated file with a contents page at the front and evidence page by page, at the back, numbered to match the WS.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • tonkasdog
    Options
    Hi Coupon-mad, thanks for this info, the deadline is 4pm tomorrow so I have had to post out CEL's copy earlier to catch the last post. I have got proof of postage. I have also emailed the court earlier with the WS. I have no evidence or time to compile any. I wish I had the time to devote to this but have been working 7 days a week, 12 hr days for some time and it's just not possible. Very frustrating but I thought it best to send something rather than nothing. I'm not holding out too much hope and will take my cheque book to court.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 14 August 2018 at 5:23PM
    Options
    the deadline is 4pm tomorrow so I have had to post out CEL's copy earlier to catch the last post.
    No you email that. Ask a poster on a CEL thread, for CEL's email addy.
    I have also emailed the court earlier with the WS. I have no evidence or time to compile any.
    You whaaat?

You will put together some evidence tonight then, to add. Of course you have evidence, the NEWBIES thread even lists typical evidence to use!

Sally's thread I mentioned before (linked in the NEWBIES thread) shows the importance of EVIDENCE just in case CEL actually turn up to a hearing, as they did for her case (but that's because she did Mediation and in her initial defence, looked like a victim, IMHO).

CEL cases are discontinued when they see a decent WS and evidence, so DO IT NOW.
  • tonkasdog
    Options
    Thanks, I posted the last lot of stuff to CEL after being advised to do so when I asked the question.

Quote:

Should I post everything to CEL and email the court?

2) Yes, first class free proof of posting. Email to court is fine.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Wrong way round. How come you even had an email addy for the local court?

You want the Judge to have a nice file & evidence, and the court WILL NOT print out pages and pages.

CEL can have an email of your evidence tomorrow, plus your WS. They'll receive that before the post arrives.

You need evidence, it is vital, so how come you say you have none, when the NEWBIES thread even gives you some?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks, I posted the last lot of stuff to CEL after being advised to do so when I asked the question.

Quote:

Should I post everything to CEL and email the court?

2) Yes, first class free proof of posting. Email to court is fine.
    That answer "2) Yes, first class free proof of posting. Email to court is fine." was the correct answer to the question that you asked at that time, which was:
    Hi guys, I have now received the Directions Questionnaire and have a couple of questions:

2. The form states that copies must be served on all other parties as well as filed with the court, I'm guessing I can email this to the court as I did with the defence? The only address I have for CEL is on the original claim form so I guess this will need posting? I'm remember reading something on here about just sending first class and not record etc.. and something about a proof of postage receipt?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure