Interest on PPI

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
2 replies 706 views
Robert_PeopRobert_Peop Forumite
1 Post
Hi
I've received an offer regarding PPI on a previous loan, The offer identifies that I had paid £930 in PPI, they have offered the statutory 8%compensation interest. What I would like to know should they also pay interest on the money they had held onto for all those years. I know when I paid the loan back they charged me interest.

Regards
Robert

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What I would like to know should they also pay interest on the money they had held onto for all those years.

That is what the 8% interest is for.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    What I would like to know should they also pay interest on the money they had held onto for all those years.
    What money did they "hold on to"? Do you mean the interest on your loan? This won't ever be refunded I'm afraid.

Your PPI complaint has been successful, this means that the £930 PPI policy will be refunded with the addition of 8% simple interest. This redress method is defined by the regulator and cannot be haggled. It is not an "offer" therefore, it's all you will ever receive.

Just enjoy your windfall.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals