IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Birmingham airport APCOA

Options
13»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    APCOA will throw in the towel again!

:D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • tamacha420
    Options
    Hi All

i am in the same boat got a letter stating that the car was parked at BHX airport on x March and the letter is dated 33 days later, I have as a keeper of the vehicle appealed to them based on learning from all you nice people. The question I have is that on the letter they have given there email address birminghamappeals at Apcoa dot com

But got an auto replying saying to use there online portal to submit the appeal which I have done by attaching the pdf file.

Is it normal? shouldn't they have given that link at first place anyways.

Thanks for your help
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    But got an auto replying saying to use there online portal to submit the appeal which I have done by attaching the pdf file.

Is it normal? shouldn't they have given that link at first place anyways.
    Largely nugatory - it counts for nothing, other than perhaps to highlight the shambolic nature of a business you are dealing with.

Get your POPLA Code from them, then construct your POPLA appeal (check out recent APCOA POPLA appeals to help you to formulate your own), which won't include anything about the APCOA email address.

You will learn from searching other recent APCOA threads that once a substantial POPLA appeal is submitted, APCOA will withdraw. Come back with your draft - but on a new thread of your own, not this one.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • tamacha420
    Options
    Thanks well do lets see when they get back to me:j
  • sammyw84
    sammyw84 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    just wanted to say a MASSIVE thank you to all that helped me on here, i heard back from the appeal and i won!!!

i'm delighted, thanks again everyone
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    well done

did APCOA tell popla they did not want to pursue it ? like they usually do ? (to save themselves the popla fee)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure