IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye advice

Options
Hello, I have received a parking eye letter threatening court action if I do not pay the £100 penalty.

The car park in question is shared by 4 separate parties, a bingo hall, a pub, a food supermarket and a car dealership.

The initial letter stated that I was parked in the bingo car park yet I was in the pub meeting friends. I ignored the letter (rightly or wrongly) and they sent further notice to say that the fine had risen to £100 from £60.

I spoke to the manager of the pub 2 weeks ago and he said he would sort things out and took the parking eye letter from me and placed it with some others.

Today I received the threatening letter from PE stating I need to pay the fine or fill out one of a few reasons/options within 30 days or I'll be taken to court.

I'm not sure what the best plan of action is as the car park is shared, the signs are not very clear especially in the evening which is when I stopped to visit friends, the manager of the pub said not to worry as he will sort things out?

ANY help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 17 February 2018 at 11:47AM
    Options
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public on an industrial scale with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed in Parliament, (as has Gladstones Solicitors, who take hundreds of these cases to court), who have also been reported to the regulatory authority. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.[/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Go and get that letter back from the pub! Deal with the LBCCC by replying to PE BY EMAIL:

enforcement@parkingeye.co.uk

Read other LBCCC threads.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Don't ignore this letter or any Court correspondence or you could end up with a ccj in default

Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now and concentrate on ,#2. This covers how to deal with this letter and a court claim

Keep on at the pub to get this cancelled.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure