PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 17th February 2018

Options
13»

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,053 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon - had a glorious drive home. Bright sunshine, blue skies and the usual biting wind.

Shopping was done in quick time as DM stayed in bed. She's really enjoying the electric blanket, especially when, like just now, she's not too well.

Not much bought for me. DM made me a huge cauliflower cheese which is now stashed in the fridge so I only needed milk. I ordered the food for her birthday so that's out of the way.

Bird feeders filled, wine brought in, car put away, feet going to go up!
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Afternoon all. It's been a glorious day here too but still on the chilly side. Waiting at the bus stop this morning there was a nithering wind blowing too!

My little trip into town went well in that I stuck rigidly to my little list! Cleaning wipes and spray from Poundland, items for first aid/medicine box from Bodycare and finally Fulton Foods to see what bargains, if any, were on offer. Came out with another 1 kg pack of cooking bacon (£1.50), as lean as you like, and now frozen in 200g portions ready to be used in soups, omelettes, quiches, pasta, pizza etc.

Not much on tv tonight but we might give the new Troy series a try. Hope the sound is not muffled as happens too often on BBC these days.

Have a good rest of the day folks xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Lasagne in oven for our dinner (with peperonata), coconut biccies baked as a present for sister-in-law’s birthday on Monday & downstairs hoovered.

My kitchen is a mess - so off to pack biccies & do washing up - deep joy:o

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 February 2018 at 10:23PM
    Options
    I gave myself a haircut today, a la TA :D

I lack the money or care to bother with paying money I don't have for someone else to make a mess of my haircut because they fail to listen. Good grief after all these years, I am the expert on my hair..but they never listen :(... so I did it myself:o

My hair has been the bain of my life and I have managed to make it decidedly lopped sided and on the whole, a mess..

But it feels better and as it is (sadly) so slow growing, I won't need to visit the ones who profess to know best, but more often than not don't and leave me with a pudding basin, until this time next year.

Truly :money: :D

To you all; take good care always :A xx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Chums, my niece is fine and all the family in Mexico City, she said it was a bit on the noisy side at times :) typical british understatement :)

Eldest DD and her OH are at the airport awaiting their flight home from their trip to NYC to see my DGS and his wife. Its thick snow there at the moment so she better not bring it back with her :):)

Beautiful day here in Kent a real touch of spring in the air. Just going to have a read of my new library book

Night night God Bless all here

JackieO xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family