Options
2»

Comments

• J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,450 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Keeka wrote: »
    you have are two buttons on the left which you turn round from '-' to '+' for hot water and heating

Presumably (?) you have turned the 'heating' dial to as much '+' as you can???
  • Keeka
    Keeka Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes - both are turned as much clockwise as possible
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,450 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you RTFM?
    I typed "Vaillant Eco pro operators manual" into google

Something on Page 8 - 4.11.1 Switching off heating mode (summer mode)

Has someone done this perhaps????
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    J_B wrote: »
    Did you RTFM?
    I typed "Vaillant Eco pro operators manual" into google

Something on Page 8 - 4.11.1 Switching off heating mode (summer mode)

Has someone done this perhaps????

Perhaps not as the OP has stated:

Quote: This always happens in the mornings - the evenings the heating comes on ok. Unquote
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cant see why they were baffled. If it were nothing obvious, id link out the external controls in the wiring panel and see if the boiler behaves ..YES?> problem lies with external controls.. NO? > issue is with boiler.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    But that's a logical fault finding process: not a practice commonly practised by BG RGI's.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    But that's a logical fault finding process: not a practice commonly practised by BG RGI's.

But i used to work for BG as an Engineer. I left because i was too good :)
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • Keeka
    Keeka Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just wanted to say a BIG thank you to everyone for helping me out. In the end i called in my tried and trusted boiler man. After much head scratching he suggested switching off the hot water in the morning and just put it on the night before and that solved the problem ! Weird eh ?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Keeka wrote: »
    Just wanted to say a BIG thank you to everyone for helping me out. In the end i called in my tried and trusted boiler man. After much head scratching he suggested switching off the hot water in the morning and just put it on the night before and that solved the problem ! Weird eh ?

Not weird at all. Your system is clearly configured for Hot Water Priority as opposed to hot water and central heating. My system is configured in the same way. The bulk of the hot water re-heating is done in the hour before the heating comes on; however, if somebody then runs a bath; has a shower then the diverter valve will switch from CH to hot water until the cylinder reaches the set temperature.

If this wasn't happening before the boiler was serviced then someone has changed the hot water ON timing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure