90 seconds

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
76 replies 5.2K views
ellaroellaro Forumite
26 Posts
Hi newbie here

Ive been given one of those myparkingcharge.co.uk tickets so have read up on what to do, so Ive waited for the ntk which has arrived today and will send them the IPC template in the newbies section.
I am disabled and was ticketed for not displaying my badge, my dashcam shows me leaving the car and one and a half minutes later getting the ticket which doesnt seem time to read their signs. The IPC code says that I should be given a reasonable time and although it doesnt specify what this is it seems 10 minutes is normal.
The IPC template talks about obtaining my details without reasonable cause for not following the IPC code of conduct so my question is how do I go about suing them for this?

Replies

• The_Slithy_ToveThe_Slithy_Tove Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't sue them for giving you an invoice. What are your actual losses?

An avenue which may be open to you is to throw the Equalities Act at them. You should certainly include that in your appeal, even though it'll inevitably fail.
  • ellaroellaro Forumite
    26 Posts
    Thank you for your reply.

Should I add something in the template response about the Equalities act?
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    my dashcam shows me leaving the car and one and a half minutes later getting the ticket which doesnt seem time to read their signs. The IPC code says that I should be given a reasonable time and although it doesnt specify what this is it seems 10 minutes is normal.

Gotcha!

Does your dashcam footage also show you placing the badge?

Or does it show that you could be seen just by looking, to have mobility needs?

This could be dynamite as IAS evidence, and to send to your MP AND to the landowner, in a huge complaint about disability discrimination, to drop Excel or VCS in it from a height.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ellaroellaro Forumite
    26 Posts
    Unfortunately i only saved the video of me parking and him ticketing it, you hear the door close as I get out but I walk away from the vehicles side so Im not in shot, he then appears 90 seconds later at the vehicles rear taking photos and then at the from placing the ticket and taking more photos. I did tell him I was disabled but he just told me I would get a ccj if I didnt pay it.
  • edited 16 February 2018 at 11:08PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 February 2018 at 11:08PM
    I did tell him I was disabled but he just told me I would get a ccj if I didnt pay it.

WOW WOW WOW.

Now report that to your MP and the IPC, and the DVLA. And the Head office of the retailer/Landowner.

Go on the IPC website, don't shy away from giving your details, admit who was driving (not a problem for you in this case) and show them the dashcam footage and your Blue Badge as evidence, and tell them it's also gone to your MP and to to the DVLA, and to the company's client landowner/retailer, and ask them to time how quickly this predatory firm pounces, before anyone could possibly have read the terms on signs.

Also send an appeal to the company, not the template from the NEWBIES thread. Write what you told us and upload the dashcam video and a copy of your Blue Badge, and see who blinks first. Include the fact that the ticketer said what he said!!

Are you noticeably disabled, could he have told this as likely, by watching you walk away?

You MP and the retailer and the DVLA must be included in all this, we want them all to see the actions of this disgusting company.

Do not pay, of course. Come back and tell us who replies first and what they say.
  • edited 16 February 2018 at 11:21PM
    ellaroellaro Forumite
    26 Posts
    edited 16 February 2018 at 11:21PM
    He ticketed me for not displaying my badge, told him I had one, he just said you didnt display it so I walked away.
    I had planned to go and see my mp about this with the video and im waiting for him to have a local surgery.
    You think its ok to tell them (VCS) I was driving?
    How do I find out who is the land owner?
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes as I said, they have broken the Equality Act by:

- watching you walk away, yet not mitigating losses by saying 'forgotten your Badge?'
    - refusing to allow you enough time to read the signs & to display your Badge
    - refusing to cancel when you pointed out you are disabled
    - threatening a known disabled diver with a CCJ which is misleading, and harassment = illegal.

This is predatory ticketing, which also breaks the IPC Code of practice, didn't give you enough time to read signs and didn't allow for your disability.

YES, be honest, be ANGRY. Tell them all, admit you were the disabled driver, and show your evidence.

Don't 'ask if it can be cancelled please'. Nothing meek and mild.

The complaint should be ''look what this company has done within 90 seconds after watching me struggle to walk away'' and ''this is what the ticketer said to me when I pointed out that I am disabled, and they knew that, yet still penalised me. I know this is in breach of the IPC Code of Practice (predatory tactics, immediate ticketing) and I know that failure to make a reasonable adjustment when the company KNEW I am disabled, is actually illegal. And I intend to sue''.
  • Half_wayHalf_way Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whos car park was it?
    you should be going full bore at the car park owner/whoever hired the parking company as they are jointly liable for the actions of their agents.
    Anyone hiring/allowing an outfit associated with the IPC/Will Hurley John Davies and co to act as their agents needs to be made fully responsible for the actions of their agents
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Ralph-yRalph-y Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    ellaro ...

please take the time to view the link below ... It is Parliament debating this unregulated industry ....

you will be surprised what the MP's say on these companies.

and

understand why we speak so harshly about them.

keep listening to the good advice you are getting ... you will win this !

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41[/FONT]

Ralph:cool:
  • The_Slithy_ToveThe_Slithy_Tove Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ellaro wrote: »
    he just told me I would get a ccj if I didnt pay it.
    Did your dash cam footage have an audio track, and if so, did it pick up his comment? If so, that's cracking evidence of the wrongdoing C-M has set out.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals