IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

My uncle...apology

Options
Computersaysno
Computersaysno Posts: 1,222 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 16 February 2018 at 2:54PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Update:

I started a thread about basically using a made up name and a derelict address to get rid of PPC scum invoices.

It works really well.....[no cases of it ever coming back on anyone]

But MSE has deleted it [I haven't had a warning or PM [yet] so that's an assumption].

To clarify I wasn't suggesting that people commit perjury....simply that they 'erroneously give the wrong name and address' to the PPC scum.

My apologies to anyone firmly embedded on the moral high ground who was upset by my suggestion......

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Its probably not so much the moral high ground. IMO, its more that the PPCs who haunt this forum would have a field day with this forum/MSE if they could identify examples of advice that could be proved or even argued to be fraud or deception against them.
  • Computersaysno
    Options
    Nah...I'll go with moral high-grounders complaining.....
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nah...I'll go with moral high-grounders complaining.....

What pogfish says above is 100% correct
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It is not really a good idea to start a chain of events that may end up in court with a (known) "erroneous" statement me thinks!
  • bergkamp
    bergkamp Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Reminds me of a once ' well respected ' member of the forum who suggested using PO box numbers to be given to PPCs... Then any CCJs wouldn't be connected to an address! Not a good idea.
    He turned out to be far from respectable as it happens.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,987 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    esmerobbo wrote: »
    It is not really a good idea to start a chain of events that may end up in court with a (known) "erroneous" statement me thinks!

My apologies, your honour, at the time I fully believed my name and address were X and Y. Now it's been demonstrated that they are indeed A and B, I have no idea how I could possibly have made such an error. Parallel Universe?

That sort of thing?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My apologies to anyone firmly embedded on the moral high ground who was upset by my suggestion......

Looking at it from a practical point of view, the idea is not new and was quite prevalent until the paid-for appeal process was closed down though whether that was related to criminal proceedings, I can't say.

The effect has been that the PPC industry now only send paperwork including Court claims to the address the DVLA gave them. When people complain about Court claims being sent to an old address, the PPC industry using the moral high ground, say "how can they be sure the new address given is genuine. We'll stick to the DVLA address"

You can be too clever sometimes.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with pogofish, look what happened when we started having a go at a firm of High Street solicitors in Cheltenham.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,553 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    I agree with pogofish, look what happened when we started having a go at a firm of High Street solicitors in Cheltenham.

Have we had any further threads involving them?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The approach suggested in the original thread saw the realistic prospect of you having new accommodation. Sadly this would be a shared room with a chap known as Bubba.

He is a friendly chap who may well like you and want to become your special friend.

This would not be a good idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport