PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Wednesday 14th February 2018

Options
13»

Comments

• nannywindow
    Options
    Morning all
    The weather is dreadful again, high winds and lashing rain :(. Please can someone get Spring to hurry up !
    Went to bed about 8pm last night, couldn't stay up any longer. Oh I'm such a party animal :rotfl:.
    Rang Dad for a check in, he's feeling much better but moaning that he hasn't been out, seen anyone etc. So I invited him over for tea tonight but he wasn't sure then if he wanted to come :mad: !!!***!!!. Left it at that, so he can please himself. I'm so fed up with this cough etc hanging about I'm not bothered either way.
    Mr Fix It has been making one of his famous curries and I got roped in as his sous chef and general tidy upper. How can one person use every worktop space in a kitchen and a plethora of cutlery and dishes ? It's now bubbling away in the slow cooker and we will have that with rice, for tea.
    dp1 Good luck at the dentist
    LaineyT I understand your frustration with the engineers. Took them 4 weeks to sort out ours.
    Hope everyone is safe and warm. Hugs to all.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Good afternoon one & all. I also had a 5 day expired password so reverted to the original & have made a proper note. I agree with maddiemay, it is a pain but since joining I have found myself more cheerful & more likely to count my blessings. That is all down to you absolutely wonderful people who regardless of the “slings & arrows of outrageous fortune” always pick yourselves up & show the more fortunate of us how to cope. So many of you have written that it is like a family & I have to agree. I subscribe to various threads & sometimes I cry & other times I laugh out loud:rotfl: - the generosity of spirit shines through :T So a plea to all of you, PLEASE DO NOT STOP POSTING (couldn’t find a begging smiley:()

Now to my day - got up early for me (8.20) as I Had to visit the little girl’s room. The day’s plans are now blown out of the water:o After a fortnight of dithering we were scheduled to go out on the motorbike to order new sofas, a new carpet for the spare room, fixtures & fittings for the ‘about to be decorated’ bathroom (& I was going to persuade my DH to stop at the P.O. ) Never mind, I don’t suppose another day will make a difference:( ) Hopefully tomorrow I will be ‘better’

So, new plan - put the wm on, bake some biccies, then clean the ovens & if the ‘visits’ aren’t too frequent I might be able to tick off a couple of little jobs off my “exceedingly long” To Do List:o

Oh well - onwards & upwards!

Thanks again everyone for your inspirational attitude to life:T

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Another one here who I fed up with changing passwords.
    I was supposed to go out today but couldn't be bothered to queue in the cold and rain to get into the venue.
    So I finished off my sewing and read a book.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Elona, thank you for the suggestions, I actually do the olive oil and sugar thing. I don't think I could do lemon juice at present as the skin is splitting and stinging horribly but might try when it heals. In fact, I am a messyboots and always get oil on my paws when cooking so I always rub it in

Speky, I do love hearing about your lovely gran, she sounds wonderful.

I have had such a tiring day at work, it was very nice to get home to a card and a little gift and to find that OH had made a special meal, a fillet of sea bass with some asparagus and followed by grapes and lots of grapes for the next couple of days. AND pink pinot grigio, on a school night too! He got a card and posh chocolate too. He may be an old b*gger at times but he is MY old b*gger.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    The new plan almost worked - coconut biccies baked, 3 loads of washing done, one load of drying in, peperonata made (to go with lasagne tomorrow). The racks & inside of the small oven have been cleaned but not the glass door (the inner glass can be removed & cleaned but I have to remember how:eek:). (The ‘visits’ were less frequent than I feared!)

Just bracing myself to do the washing up, usually I do it as I go along but didn’t today:eek:

No good procrastinating (as it is the thief of time:o)

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AOD, when I have hacks on my hands I use spray plaster, works a treat.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure