PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Wednesday 14th February 2018

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Comments

• Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone

I’ve just had to reset my password again. It said that I had to do this because it was over five days old. I do hope that we are not going to have to do this every five days. I know it was only five days ago but I couldn’t remember it and had to go through the email procedure to get given a new one so I could log in :(.

There was fun and games over the road again yesterday afternoon with the people who seem to keep arguing. I think things may have got a bit more serious than in the past. Suddenly there was two police cars there followed rapidly by an ambulance. I find it sad that two people have come to this point, and hope that whoever was taken away in the ambulance is ok.

I've just finished a book I was reading so thought I would have some tea and surf the net for a while.

Today I want to see if my neighbour wants to come for a sort of afternoon tea. I know she eats at lunchtime and likes a sandwich and cup of tea with a piece of cake late afternoon. I haven’t really seen her to talk to for a couple of weeks now. For a lady in her mid nineties she is very with it and really interesting to talk to and I greatly enjoy her company.

Other than that, I don’t have any plans for today so will just see how the day unfolds.

I hope that those who are unwell are starting to recover now.

Have a good Wednesday everyone whatever you are doing.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning HOLLY - I too had the same palaver with the password change yet again. I hope this isn't going to be a regular occurrence as it's getting to be a right pain!

I don't sleep well at the best of times but last night I was driven mad by the smoke alarm in the hall giving battery warning beeps all night! And I couldn't face going through into the garage to get the little steps to get up to it. Mr TA seems to be sleeping through it ok!

Our trip to Wharfedale hospital for his pre-op went seamlessly - from the hw for bp, temp, swabs etc to the nurse going through health history etc to the cardiolologists for ECG and finally Pathology for bloods. No waiting for any of them. And free tea or coffee and bikkies if we wanted them! We enjoyed a 'Spoons late steak day lunch afterwards so no cooking to do when we got home.

Today we have an appointment at the kitchen place to go through the kitchen on screen that the chap has designed!! I somehow think this is going to cost far more than we had anticipated and he will be asked to come up with something less grand before we agree!

Whilst we are out and about we thought we may as well bring the shopping day forward a day and go on to Aldi afterwards. Doing well at sticking to my plans of eating from the freezer so just f & v and fridge stuff on my list.

It will be the usual hm soup and sarnie for lunch and jacket spuds for tea. I'll get some prawns out to defrost for Mr TA's but I prefer tuna mayo.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) as always for all in need. Take care all and wrap up warm it's flippin' cold out there xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 February 2018 at 7:41AM
    Options
    Morning all and thank you for starting the thread Hollyharvey.

I've been up and reading since 4 but was asleep by 930 so that's a decent sleep, just not exactly sociable.

I am working today, mostly paperwork and meetings but there is a lunch for a colleague who is going on maternity leave and I have made a little bear for her wearing a bear-type babygro.

It is -2° here and I have just put the heating on, not very frugal but even in pjs and a velvet dressing gown, I was so cold. It is meant to get above freezing soon. I know it is really cold, the skin on my ancient hands is cracking, despite repeated slathering with cream. And tge arthritis has cranked up a notch. I never quite know what to wear for work on really cold days, it is so cold on the way but the actual office tends to be boiling. Layers and layers - I arrive bundled up like the Michelin Woman and slowly get smaller as I remove layers, then it all gets reversed when I leave.

I've had an extra day off this week and it was lovely so can't wait for the summer when I plan to stop.

There is a card and gift for me on the table and this has reminded me why I should have gone out yesterday. Am now total failure as wife/romantic partner.

Had lovely Skype chat with DS yesterday, he is having fun.

Hope everyone has a good day

ps have just logged out to see what would happen, logged back in without ant difficulty, bet I get the 5 day message next time

Ps have just looked at the flylady thread and scared self half to death, think will just sit here and imitate a potato instead
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    AOD I once had a peep in the Flylady thread and felt a complete and utter failure. I steer clear of it now! xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

It's blowing a gale, outside, appears to be dry at the moment but probably not for long.

Half term here has finished, it's an in-service day today, should get lots done without constant interruptions.

My friend and I went for a lovely Indian meal yesterday, a bargain at £9 for 2, three lovely courses. I have another voucher so must book that up soon.

Not much else happening, didn't have a very good sleep so feel a little sluggish at the moment.

Glad all went well yesterday TA.

Have a good day, take care. XX
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 February 2018 at 8:10AM
    Options
    Morning everyone

Hollyharvey - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light, dry but cold.

DH up and gone to work stupid stupid early, both boys still in their pits. DH said I was awful in the night, I can remember parts of a dream, that woke me with a start.

Dinner last night was fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg. I remembered to get the pork steaks out of the freezer, I'll be braising them in the oven in stock, which I'll then use to make the gravy, we'll be having mash, carrots, LO cauli/broc cheese and LO yorkshires with it, there's still some apple crumble for dessert.

I'm working all day which should be fun, as I seem to be on the winning side of my cold now, but this morning my voice is going, so trying to talk to people all day will be fun! One of my colleagues had another customer who wasn't very nice but we've done all we can and the customer has been given numerous chances and now all the agencies are saying we can't do anymore, not a nice situation to be in. Looking forward to finishing tonight and then being on days' off until Monday.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,083 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning.

Still windy and rainy here, fingers crossed that the snow doesn’t arrive.

I too had to ,change’ my five day old password but I just used the same one. Every five days is a bit extreme.

Off to Oban this morning, I just hope the students are there, they haven’t turned up on Monday or Tuesday.

I recorded Shetland last night as I was very tired and wanted to sleep. I’ll catch up tonight.

Hope everyone is doing well or getting better. Happy Wednesday.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

I too have had to change my password again this morning :mad: I do hope this is not going to be a regular thing its quite annoying.

Off to work for me today its very cold and frosty here but meant to rain later on, which means we will be quiet again.

Not sure about dinner tonight will go and look in the freezer after this there is plenty in there so we wont starve.

TA good luck with the kitchen man, its very exciting but I don't envy you the chaos which will ensue !

Have good days everyone xx
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Had to reset my password again too. What is going on?
  • silver-oldie
    Options
    Asked me to reset my password but when I tried it said

You have entered an invalid username or password

but realised I'm logged in ?? Site looks different

I'm too old for this
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure