Halifax PPI Help Needed

Options
124»

Comments

• hammersfaniow
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »

The reason why it paid out will never be known. It could be those reasons (even though we know they are not an issue). It could be an auto-payout (£1200 is in the ballpark of auto-payouts). It could be something that was never mentioned in the complaint (as is often the case). It could be a combination of minor things that totted up didnt make it worth fighting from their point of view.

Basically not wanting to admit that I ‘might’ have been right, just addressing that you’re not wrong and the bank couldn’t be bothered, even after people saying that they’ve recently made it more difficult to win a case !

Let’s put this to bed now shall we, and let sleeping dogs lie. I’m sure you’ll be decent and allow me the last word on my thread
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Indeed, it was also said on the thread that most loan PPI complaints succeed.
    It was also acknowledged that the complaint would likely be upheld as early as post#11.
    The reason why it paid out will never be known. It could be those reasons (even though we know they are not an issue). It could be an auto-payout (£1200 is in the ballpark of auto-payouts). It could be something that was never mentioned in the complaint (as is often the case).
    Indeed, just as I also pointed out earlier.
    There was no bias on this thread.
    I agree. Though your earlier links to FOS decisions were questionable in that they referred to mortgage PPI.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,421 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree. Though your earlier links to FOS decisions were questionable in that they referred to mortgage PPI.

I used the MPPI ones as they are the ones I tend to follow. The principle on those shouldnt be any different to loan or credit card though. After all, if someone has £10,000 in the bank, then why are they borrowing £5,000. Indeed, I read a FOS decision that said the fact the person was borrowing the money rather than use their savings indicated that their savings were important to them and they didnt want to put them at risk and that insurance is viable in that scenario.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I used the MPPI ones as they are the ones I tend to follow. The principle on those shouldnt be any different to loan or credit card though.
    The principle is the same, but the amount of savings deemed sufficient for a mis-sale would surely be less for a loan than a mortgage?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure