We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

The B&Q £20 Greenhouses - Did u get one?

JenniO
JenniO Posts: 547 Forumite
When I called my local store yesterday they said they were going to have 25 greenhouses! They had 6.

My partner stood 5th in the queue for 30 minutes before they opened. As they doors opened, he ran in and grabbed the last one. They all went within 15 seconds of the opening of the doors........but hey I got one! :beer:

Anyone else get so lucky?

Comments

• Hi Jennio, lucky you that your partner went and got one for you, I asked mine to get me one for Christmas and told him that they were limited and sale started at 7. He said he would go at lunchtime(??), anyway I've just rang all the stores around me and they sold out at 7.30.

Never mind, I've still got my plastic greenhouses - not the same is it!
  • JenniO
    JenniO Posts: 547 Forumite
    my partner thinks the b&q staff had their wicked way with the greenhouses before it opened because he said there was a massive 'space' where they were yet only 6 left in the stack. i told him last night that i thought the 'ebay' whor*s would be out at 7 00am to re-sell them for profit!
    And I threw him out of bed at 5 45am. :eek: ahahahaha
  • angelavdavis
    angelavdavis Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Look out for them on ebay then!
    :D Thanks to MSE, I am mortgage free!:D
  • Dijor
    Dijor Posts: 107 Forumite
    Yippeeee - I got one too!

Bless her - my mum drove down in the dark at 6.45 this morning for me whilst I sorted the kids out. The store only had ten in total, but eight still left when she arrived at 7.05am!

Have no idea where i'm going to put it but I desperately wanted one.
  • I had no idea about this sale......is there hope of getting one at lunch........will report back
  • If you wanna a job doing, diy that's the motto I need to adhere to! I should 'ave got out of bed myself and drove down.
  • I had no idea about this sale......is there hope of getting one at lunch........will report back

That's a no then...... Shame that sort of size would have suited us great!! Anyone know of anywhere else where you can get one this sort of size?
  • point3
    point3 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    That's a no then...... Shame that sort of size would have suited us great!! Anyone know of anywhere else where you can get one this sort of size?

www.norfolk-greenhouses.co.uk
    Look at the Ultimate Spacesaver greenhouse for £95

I saw the B&Q ones earlier in the year - I think they were about £100ish then - but wasn't impressed as the polycarbonate panels reminded me of egg cartons :rotfl:

For £20 they are a bargain! Shame they sold out in seconds.
  • point3
    point3 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    Oh, and those of you who were lucky enough to get one may have fun assembling it - I remember the demo one I saw in B&Q was really badly put together with the door hanging off :rotfl:

Well done anyway!
    I'm just jealous :o
  • susieb
    susieb Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    No luck for me, non at all in my store at 7am
    Always on the hunt for a bargain
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing