What would you do with 50k?

Options
2»

Comments

• skintpaul
    skintpaul Posts: 1,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    buy and store a classic car, or vintage wines?

the right ones can grow in value big time.
    breathe in, breathe out- You're alive! Everything else is a bonus, right? RIGHT??
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    skintpaul wrote: »
    buy and store a classic car, or vintage wines?

the right ones can grow in value big time.

And the wrong ones?
  • Superscrooge
    Options
    The 'wrong' vintage wines can just be drunk :D
  • GT85
    GT85 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Smb3088 wrote: »
    I like scenario C, I!!!8217;m keen to invest in businesses but ones that shed a return. I have invested but not stocks and shares as I don!!!8217;t know much about them. My question is both speculative as I!!!8217;m keen to hear what others would do in the same circumstances as some suggestions are really interesting and relevant, also interested to hear investing suggestions. Thank you
    I haven't got enough posts to post links but Google "Football Index"

If you wanted to have fun and like day trading, but wanted something different to Forex etc, the above website is essentially turns football players into shares, and you can trade on them with performances and mass media mentions affecting price. Essentially fantasy football & gambling in one.

Classic cars are a good shout, but valuing & insuring every year against theft & damage would be costly I'd imagine?
  • Audaxer
    Audaxer Posts: 3,515 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    GT85 wrote: »
    Scenario B - approaching retirement/retired:
    - I'd be emphasising the importance of compound interest on investments and have my children/grandchildren doing the same from as early age as possible. If I was well off, I'd use it to help get them involved in the markets. If I was invested myself, generally speaking you'd be in more bonds than equities to have 'locked in' gains from stock growth over the years.
    You are not now necessarily any safer with a high percentage of bonds in retirement. I am retired and in my view it's best to have a balanced portfolio of equity income funds and bonds/fixed income funds and/or multi asset funds for dividend income and capital growth.
  • Adly812
    Adly812 Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have no idea about football so I think I!!!8217;d totally gamble all my money away lol. I!!!8217;ll look into stocks and shares. I!!!8217;ve been wanting to get involved in them for a long time, maybe it!!!8217;s worth some research. Buy to let would be an option, but taxes and mortgages as I don!!!8217;t have enough for the cash buy, wouldn!!!8217;t be in my interest
  • binaryuniverse
    Options
    I'd buy a little turnip of my own.
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,668 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    With a bit more I would buy a large turnip in the country.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure