13»

Comments

• force_ten
    force_ten Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 February 2018 at 1:10PM
    Options
    uknick wrote: »
    How on earth do you get to nearly £100k for an M3? That's about £30k of options on the DCT Competition pack model.

Might one suggest one does one's research a little better before starting threads about fantasy purchases.

Might one suggest one does one's research a little better before making posts trying to belittle people
    Orders for the new BMW M3 CS can be placed from January 2018, Prices for the car start at 86,630,
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    force_ten wrote: »
    Might one suggest one does one's research a little better before starting threads trying to belittle people

I've been sad enough to configure one on the BMW website. Including every toy and ceramic brakes I got it to £78420.

I bet going in to a dealer they would knock a bit off that.
  • force_ten
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    I've been sad enough to configure one on the BMW website. Including every toy and ceramic brakes I got it to £78420.

I bet going in to a dealer they would knock a bit off that.

there is no option to spec the BMW M3 CS on the M3 configuration page yet are you looking at the competition pack saloon?

go have a look at the M4 coupe and config one of them in CS spec starting price 89K sling on carbon ceramic brakes and you are sitting at 95K so a few options away from the 100K mentioned
  • uknick
    uknick Posts: 1,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 February 2018 at 1:44PM
    Options
    force_ten wrote: »
    Might one suggest one does one's research a little better before starting threads trying to belittle people

I stand corrected, I missed the CS reference in his original message. However, I can't find any reference to the competition pack option on the £86k CS in the press release, or various media articles. The only mention I can find is when they compare the new CS to an M3 with competition pack. In fact, according to BMW's own press release;

"The most desirable accessory for the driver of the new M3 CS is the optional M Performance Alcantara steering wheel. It is covered in exclusive, anthracite-coloured Alcantara and has a silver ‘12 o'clock’ marking and offers maximum grip in all track driving situations."

So, I still stand by my thought this is another wind up thread.

Edit: Just read the original post again and another apology from me is needed. He did say he wants to buy a standard M3 and add CP if worth the £3k uplift. He then goes onto talk about going the full hog and buying the new CS version. I really ought to spend more time reading and less time judging :)

But, having said all that, I stand yet again, by my thought it's a wind up. If you are wondering whether the £3k is worth it for the CP, then why on earth would you be thinking of adding another £25k ish to get the CS?
  • force_ten
    Options
    uknick wrote: »
    So, I still stand by my thought this is another wind up thread.

I think it is a wind up as well and the nearest the op will ever get to an M3 CS is a poster on his bedroom wall

as for options a set of carbon ceramic brakes will add six grand plus to the already crazy starting price for this car
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Why would you buy one when a Tesla Model S medium spec would cost similar or less, have lower deprecation, and its performance would p*** all over this?
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    Why would you buy one when a Tesla Model S medium spec would cost similar or less, have lower deprecation, and its performance would p*** all over this?

Maybe a Tesla Model S isnt available in Gran Turismo? ;)

Also, the best performance car isnt the one that gets to 60 mph in a straight line quickest.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    motorguy wrote: »
    Maybe a Tesla Model S isnt available in Gran Turismo? ;)

Also, the best performance car isnt the one that gets to 60 mph in a straight line quickest.

Nice one :D

However, , in real life rwhere the only racing that goes on is at the traffic lights, straight line performance is all that counts !
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    Nice one :D

However, , in real life rwhere the only racing that goes on is at the traffic lights, straight line performance is all that counts !

Its not about racing though - its about the overall driving experience.

I am sure the Tesla is a phenomenal car to be in but i wouldnt describe it as a "drivers car" in the way an M3 or C63 would be. Wafty down the straights, yes. Fun on the twisties - i doubt it.
  • RichardD1970
    Options
    motorguy wrote: »
    Its not about racing though - its about the overall driving experience.

I am sure the Tesla is a phenomenal car to be in but i wouldnt describe it as a "drivers car" in the way an M3 or C63 would be. Wafty down the straights, yes. Fun on the twisties - i doubt it.

Well it is American, they do have a reputation of not being able to corner, even their motor racing only turn one way :rotfl:

http://www.thedrive.com/news/5207/this-video-reminds-us-that-the-tesla-model-s-is-an-awful-track-car
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure