The Final Countdown

Options

Comments

• tootallulah
    Options
    I've done it £5k paid off ten minutes ago to all intents I am mortgage free.

Thank-you for all the support on these forums over the last 12 years during that time I have paid off 3 mortgages and I know for sure that I would never have done that without you all. It was paying off the first mortgage that enabled me to buy the next two properties without these forums Ii wouldn't have occurred to me to even try and pay the mortgage off early.

I will be back as I will have a mortgage for my next and final property at some point next year. I will keep popping in to see how all of you are doing. It feels a bit surreal!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,464 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So pleased for you :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Mrs_Money_Penny
    Options
    Congratulations x
    2024 Decluttering 3273 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Whoop! :j :j

Go toots!!! :T :T
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Woohoo so fabulous!! Cant wait to see the next adventure take place!

Jodles :D:j:beer::T
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Paying off three mortgages in that short a time is incredible, congratulations! :T
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £217,800 minus £8,300 overpayment savings pot
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well done Toots :j:j:j:j:j
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Fabulous:j
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    :T:T:T Mortgage free before Xmas. Well done you.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    Options
    I can't quite believe that I am back here but yes I am......and I have moved. I am now in my forever home (I think) and love it. It is a perfect size and there is room in the garden for me to build a studio which I am definitely going to do. But for the moment I am back with a mortgage and I am working two days a week in consultancy and 2 days a week EBaying. I have a garage that is full of EBay boxes and I am treating that like a job, two days a week until everything has gone.

My mortgage is £68k - I plan for it to be gone in three years. I am older now and it is time to live more so I will be holidaying and not just madly pushing every penny to the mortgage, those days are over. When the mortgage is done I will sell a buy to let flat and build my garden studio. Let the roundabout begin AGAIN.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure