IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Fine - no response received

Options
2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,718 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You should complain to the BPA telling your story and saying that UKPC breached the Code of Practice by not sending you a POPLA code:
    I was issued a parking ticket (by UKPC) whilst parking in my flats car park, the permit had slipped slightly down the front of my dashboard. I tried to appeal the ticket online but the form would not submit so I sent my appeal by post (recorded delivery). This was submitted on or around the 14th November after being issued the fine on the 11th.

I never received any response to my appeal, and in all honesty, completely forgot about it. The next letter I received is from the debt recovery agency advising my appeal period had expired and that I was to pay £160.00 by a set date otherwise they would take me to Court.

And re this letter, even though 14th Feb has been and gone, you need to reply robustly, repeating your stance and your £15 offer, and DO NOT mark the letter 'without prejudice' NOPE:
    I have till the 14th February 2018 now to pay this fine otherwise they will issue proceedings. I guess I just want to know whether they have a leg to stand on as I never received the rejection of their appeal and I have tried to settle it amicably by confirming that I am willing to pay the £15.00 reduced fine but not willing to pay £160.00.
    We hope you did NOT pay, of course not. Yes you have legs to stand on.

Even if you lost in court (if they try, they do not in many cases of a single ticket) you'd just be told to pay about £160 - or MUCH LESS if the Judge decides you only owe £15 plus a court fee of £50 - so why pay a silly amount now.

There is no risk here. Fight it, the worst that happens is as above, you'd then pay. No CCJ.

We win 99% of defended cases here, when people stick around, get help from defence right through to hearing, and don't disappear from weeks/months on end.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure