PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 9th February 2018

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    (not sure if you dear ladies need a particular type of spoon for dealing with awkward oldies though:rotfl:
    Ah, now, for those, you need the famous Slotted Spoon as found in many kitchens.
    This is so that all the orneriness and annoying stuff slips through the holes and dissipates out into the Universe, and you're left with the person who, maddening though they are, you actually love and want only the best for them. :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    LameWolf - It probably was your doing that I first read of the spoons theory, but not sure. It made so much sense to a way of life that I was struggling to understand and certainly not ready to accept at that time.

Now I will stand up and state that my problems are nowhere near as severe as yours and others, but I now seem to have acquired 4 chronic and often painful and debilitating conditions and that for most of the time the worst thing for me is the utter fatigue and the inability to pace myself or make plans.

So Nelski, you will often find me offering spoons and if I could send some your way and help with the pain I would willingly do so, (not sure if you dear ladies need a particular type of spoon for dealing with awkward oldies though:rotfl:

not sure having a hangover deserves any cutlery :rotfl: Thanks for the explanation x
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Nelski 'twas I who first brought Spoons to MSE - have a read of this, written by a fellow Lupie; it will explain all. ;)
    https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

OK thanks LW
    bellabella wrote: »
    Afternoon all
    I have had the day from hell firstly this stupid site has chucked me out and i have had to use an old account that i set up when this happened before Grrr
    I booked the wrong date for DD2 spa day we arrived 1 month too early
    then too top it off DS has been let go from his job at Ama**n warehouse we thought this was coming as he is at the end of his 6 month probation and thats when they get rid of most of there staff
    Anyway i think i will be buying chips for dinner as i dare not cook today
    Thanks for letting me vent :mad:
    Tired Mum 2 x

Got chucked out too and how on earth they expect me to remember passwords from years ago goodness knows. Anyway after trying every option I could think of I finally had success. I would hate to lose my ID now so know how you feel xx
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had to change my password too !
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It took me nearly an hour to work out what my old password was! I don't know what suddenly prompted me to remember what it was, but I'm glad I did eventually. I wouldn't want to have to have a new identity after so long!
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,047 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, I got a message about my password being 707 days old, couldn’t remember it to change it so did the ‘forgotten’ thing too. Must be more anti-spamming stuff.

DM’s chores done so I’m really just loitering around. She is busy filling a bag with old paperwork for me to burn at home. So far I’ve got bank statements from 2010, a years worth of till receipts and Tiscali statements from 2004-2009. As she’s still rummaging I may need a bigger bag. :eek:

I hope everyone is doing well, with or without spoons.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Afternoon all. I thought it was only me getting the stupid message up that I needed to change my password - after I had been using it for something like 4,000 days! I tried to ignore it but it was having none of it so had to change it in the end! It kept my original username though!

It's been a glorious day here - as long as you were indoors! Blue blue sky and sunshine, but oh so cold, with a nithering wind blowing.

NAN I don't know about being made of stern stuff! I did plenty of moaning, cursing and swearing in between the neverending coughing! Except for when I totally lost my voice!

Have a nice evening folks and take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I got a message saying my password was eleven days old so I have had to change it as I don't want to lost another username!!!!!!!!!!!

A new display cabinet arrived this morning which I need to unpack and sort out. When I opened the door it was snowing! Snow has not laid and it looks like a nice day now with some blue sky.

Had a brunch of bacon medallions, egg and small slice of toast and have some home made chicken soup and sausages for later. Want to cook some leek and potato soup and look out something from the freezer. I have been using musclefoods but not for a couple of months now as I want to use a proper local butcher.

Middle dd has a birthday at the end of the month and have ordered some little things for her to open as well as going out for the day for lunch and shopping. Managed to find a couple of books. some fancy scented candles and a necklace as well as some bath stuff in a fancy online designer sale so hope it all arrives safely.

Hugs to all
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Another one here who has had to change her password because it was 465 days old, do you think it's because of all the spamming and the lost threads...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I had to change my password too, blooming pain in the ****. I could just remember my old password, Why have we had to do this, we have never been asked to change it before as far as I know. I know I had to change my user name and lost thousands of posts as a result!!
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    And me my password was 234 days old.
    Chin up, Titus out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business