Please can MSE help me with the switch you set-up

Options
2»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I'm still bemused why when it goes wrong on MSE the suggestion is this is not really a service you provide and you basically do nothing in the process and then immediately wash your hands if anything goes wrong. That's not the way you describe it on the main site when you follow the Cheap Energy Club scenarios. Given what happened to me, you should recommend people to do it themselves and not use you. Or at least warn them what your stance will be if it does not work.

I will leave it to MSE to comment on the level of service it provides. Just two final things to point out. Firstly, MSE Cheap Energy Club is not an Ofgem-accredited price comparison website. Like many organisations it links into an accredited site. MSE links into its sister company - MoneySupermarket.com.

Secondly, The Confidence Code for price comparison websites has just been re-issued by Ofgem. It makes no mention whatsoever that any price comparison website has a responsibility to manage a switch.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/system/files/docs/2017/08/august_decision_-_code_-_final_august_31_2017_0.pdf

Personally, I had hoped that the CMA and Ofgem would have taken up the suggestion, as is the case in many other countries, that there should be a single National energy comparison website paid for by all the suppliers. My fear is that once the new Code is rolled out, it will become even more difficult to find the cheapest OVERALL deal. For example, family and friends referral fees appear to have been excluded from all comparisons - not least because, and quite understandably, suppliers are saying that all deals listed on comparison sites are exempt from these £50 or so discounts.

In sum, as I think that I said above, the consumer has to do his/her own homework; choose a supplier and monitor the progress of a switch.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure