IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ from parking Eye Help!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    jo6677 wrote: »
    Hi all, I have finally received the signed Tomlin order agreeing to a set aside. What is the next step? Apply to the court?
    Yes, Google set aside N244 and find the form you need and send the Tomlin Order and the £100 fee, following what the form says.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • jo6677
    jo6677 Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Hey all just to let you know the consent to set aside was successful and the CCJ is no longer on record. Thank you all so much for your help!!!!!
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Glad to hear it!

And next time you get a PCN from a private firm, come here early. Most are beatable within days by complaining to the retailer/landowner and most BPA ones (like Parking Eye) are beatable at POPLA.
  • vs54321
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone can help me as to only pay the original charges that occurred from these situations? Somehow they have managed to be asking of £275 to cover court fees, solicitor fees and fine payments for 2 occasions where I had used the car park overnight back in July 2016.

I am willing to accept to pay my way but £275 seems totally unacceptable and not something I can afford to pay in a part-time job.

I have been in contact with them and fought this a while back in claims it was pitch black and parking in my city is free after 6pm so had no understanding nor saw any signs expecting of payment.

I have read through lots of forums and tried to gather an understanding of how to battle this but would like to avoid charges of £275 if possible.

If anyone could offer assistance on this matter and whether i need to pay the £275 or can challenge it another way I would be really grateful.
    Thanks
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Well, hijakcing someone elses thread is exactly the worst way to do it

Do youhave an actual JUDGEMENT, or merely a CLAIM FORM?
    When answering this you will need to start a new thread, and FULLY read POST TWO of the NEWBIES thredad which you cannot fail to spot.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 21 November 2018 at 3:24AM
    Options
    No-one will tell you to offer to PAY money in this situation. We assume you have a claim like everyone else (NOT a CCJ), and just need to defend in full, properly, by reading the sticky threads at the top of this forum and starting your own thread when you have done the AOS on MCOL.

Come off this thread and read the 2nd post of the NEWBIES thread (see my signature).

It also explains all acronyms! Hop there now, 2 clicks, and you need no link. See my signature that no newbies seem minded to read...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure