PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th February 2018

Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've changed mine. There seems to be something going on with the Forum and if riffraff have hacked into the site and stolen passwords I can only imagine the hackers count on people using the same passworks on different websites. It's also a way of checking who's actually interested in carrying on with their accounts for the new data protection rules.

Both lodgers left this morning so OH and I have the house to ourselves for a few weeks before the next batch of bookings. I think I'm going to rather enjoy it, much as I liked the two that left today. Breakfast cooked and scoffed and OH did the washing up. I heart OH.
    Better is good enough.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Me again. I have only updated my new little password book. It is raining so heavily, I don't even want to go out to the shed to fetch in decorating supplies. I may now leave the painting till tomorrow.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    Options
    I wondred why I couldn't Thank anybody's posts...been logged out again. At least it shows that the new password works, I guess.

Ironing pile done
    Fridge sorted
    2 soups made
    Freezer inventory done

Lunch about to be sorted as DD still hasn't emerged.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Jojo_the_Tightfisted Posts: 27,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 February 2018 at 3:52PM
    Options
    Hellishly tiring couple of days, not made any better by Himself's London gig two nights ago and the resultant staggering back at 2.30am, meaning no food (as he obviously didn't get around to doing a packed lunch for yesterday - or the day before) for 48 hours.

Got back last night, thinking that he might have made some effort in the house to find him allegedly completing a job application - watching YouTube videos and playing guitar - until he decided he was tired and went to bed at 9pm. So no food again.

Actually slept really well, even with doing my usual waking up earlier than necessary for work on the first day of the holidays. He fannied around in the bath, had another little lie down and emerged just before he was due to leave for tonight's gig. He found himself sent off to the nearest cafe to fetch me something to eat first, as I realised if I want to come back from holiday to somewhere hygienic, I'm just going to have to do it myself, so the hob is covered with a stack of every plate, mug, knife, fork and everything else that's been used since my last rage clean and just abandoned on the side/in the sink.

I have

Degunged and unblocked the sink from all the food scraps
    Emptied the bin bags (I bought a proper bin about 7 years ago. It sits in the corner of the kitchen. He uses it as a display stand for boxes of cat food and opts for The Council Flat Waste Disposal of multiple carrier bags from the corner shop hung over the cupboard handles instead).
    Moved the proper bin into the space under the counter.
    Scrubbed the countertops.
    Silently bemoaned the fact that, yet again, I'm spending my days off from work cleaning whilst he spends his time not working not cleaning.
    Discovered he didn't take my freshly washed clothes out of the washing machine to dry, so they needed washing again. So I have no trousers for the holiday. Or socks. Or knickers. Looks like it was going to be a slightly chilly trip, so am just waiting for the door lock to click and they'll be hung up.
    Scrubbed the sink.
    Got a cocktail stick into all the joins around the counters and tap _pale_
    Taken all the so called 'clean' stuff out of the crockery cupboard and stacked it up to wash properly.
    Cleaned the bathroom floor.

Fortunately, he's doublechecked his bookings and we are actually going on Monday, not tomorrow. If he thinks for even one second that means he spends tomorrow in bed after his 'tiring' gig tonight, he's got another thought coming. I have to go and try to buy a proper waterproof coat tomorrow, which takes a good couple of hours out of my day. As I will have done the kitchen, both bathrooms and probably the living room by tonight (and I'm sorely tempted to text him later to say I'm too tired to come and see them play again after an entire day cleaning), he will be told I want him to vacuum the stairs, landing and bedroom. Which then means I'll probably have to rewash my clean clothes he'll dumped on the [still unvacuumed] bedroom floor once he's decided to pack his stuff instead.

That should leave packing for tomorrow night, buying cat food for the week, he can sort out the litter tray so it's fresh for the little ratbags, he can sort our food for the day and I'll make sure the kitchen is clean again afterwards, he can sort food for the journey just before the shops close. And I'll make the bed up fresh on Monday morning.

All I need to do right now is a thousand items of washing up and empty the fridge of everything he's left to go off in there. And then try to think about packing, annoying enough, after buying a large backpack last summer for my stuff, he's now decided that his can go in there as well. I know that means he'll carry it, but I'm also willing to bet a fiver that he'll still bring along at least one manky reusable shopping bag, if not a tattered IKEA one. Just for that classy look whilst travelling.

When I think back to myself at 25, I had perfect blonde hair, perfect nails, immaculate clothes, nice shoes, wore makeup every day and, if I'd had my way, would have travelled with a suitcase and vanity case. I felt hard done by, not having a decent set of suitcases to put in the back of the new BMW and the carpet had a little puff of cat hair on it prior to vacuuming each day - and that it was getting a little tiresome having so many men at work blush when they had to talk to me.

Now, I'm fighting desperately against being mistaken for somebody looking for 20p and directions to the nearest homeless shelter.

Where did it all go wrong?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Ha JoJo you and me both, I catch sight of myself in the mirror sometimes and think God I look OLD. I was telling someone yesterday that DS is 20 this year and then I stopped to wonder how that happened.

Had a right carry on with my password but its sorted now. Feeling a bit grumpy today (mainly because I have had to do paid stuff on a Saturday) and I know I am probably not a bundle of fun but OH tell me not to be grumpy does not help.

Mountains of washing done, using my little office as a laundry room. I have dusted through, DH followed me with the hoover. Need to check my finances and then might do my nails, we are out tonight.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    Options
    Hello again. Three washloads done and on the airer. Painting mostly complete, some low bits I'll do when the dogs go to bed tonight.
    And because it stopped raining, we've had a walk.

See you all tomorrow.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Options
    I'm also willing to bet a fiver that he'll still bring along at least one manky reusable shopping bag, if not a tattered IKEA one. Just for that classy look whilst travelling.
    You have given a very accurate description of my DH! Sometimes I despair of him...

No flying for me today as I've had a college Saturday. This morning's double seminar was about art - very interesting. This afternoon's slightly shorter session was about writing press releases, blogs and webpages - not really my cup of tea, but a couple of interesting tips. All in all, not a bad day (and I didn't have to sit through some awful film, like the one that ruined the November weekend for me).

My supervisor has taken another hour out of my essay writing time by wanting to meet me on Tuesday, so here I am, sitting at my computer and trying to write a bit more before bedtime (which will not be late as I had to be out of the house at 7.45 this morning). I think I'll do the easy bit this evening and leave the harder bits until morning when my brain is more active.

I have just ordered another book and also (getting ahead of myself) DGS3's birthday present.

Will see you all on the new thread tomorrow. (((Hugs))) spoons, sticks and GWS wishes all round, as needed x
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    I did something I've been tempted to do for ages.

I messaged him and said I'd rather stay home and do the washing up.

The weather has been foul since just after he left this afternoon and I just didn't want to [strike]get out of my pyjamas[/strike] go out in it, wait for a bus, get stuck in a crowded pub where I can't guarantee a seat, get deafened by the soundman who is about 12 and thinks everything has to be set to 11 and a half and then worry about load out, band members getting emotional and all the usual related shenanigans.

So I've done absolutely beggar all other than sit on the sofa with two cold and sleepy cats cuddled up to me since he left until ten minutes ago, when I finally got around to doing the washing up.

I might do something really strenuous like have a long, hot bath in a bit, though. And go to bed. Even though I said I'd wait up for him (which will hopefully encourage him home quickly).
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yay I have been allowed back in.

Not a good behaviour week for DS2

Puppy held yesterday. Don!!!8217;t think we can have one as I had allergy signs before I left.

Slinky challenge failure

Dailies managed, a few cupboards cleaned, petrol purchased save money with a money off voucher

CB form sent off as DS2 is 16 this summer and they wanted to know whether he was continuing in education from September

Hope everyone is doing ok. I haven!!!8217;t read all the posts x
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    dancemum wrote: »
    Yay I have been allowed back in.

Not a good behaviour week for DS2

Puppy held yesterday. Don!!!8217;t think we can have one as I had allergy signs before I left.

Slinky challenge failure

Dailies managed, a few cupboards cleaned, petrol purchased save money with a money off voucher

CB form sent off as DS2 is 16 this summer and they wanted to know whether he was continuing in education from September

Hope everyone is doing ok. I haven!!!8217;t read all the posts x

Make a point of contacting them again in September once he has enrolled to make sure it doesn't stop - it was some years ago, but Offspring #1's stopped despite my notifying them when they asked as, apparently, the completed form means nothing to them - the only thing that mattered was contacting them after enrollment and the 6th form notified them that she was attending. It took months to sort out.

Just found out with the sudden onset of cramps that AF has decided to join us on holiday. Happy Valentine's. :mad: I'm bored with the things now they've been pestering me for 34 and a half years. They serve no useful purpose anymore, other than to cause extra laundry and a couple of days of feeling lousy, as I've been infertile since 2004.

Sounds like Himself's gig was good in terms of performance, but they've all been on the receiving end of the singer's bad mood. Just as well I didn't go; I'm in no mood for an ostensibly fully grown man behaving like that - even the meek and mild, timid as a mouse band member has gone home and left him to load the van alone.

Hopefully, he'll be home soon and the singer can go and stew in his own juices for a bit. I'm really hoping he isn't planning on coming here for sympathy, as I just don't care tonight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family