IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Another QA Hospital Parking Charge

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    RayRay88 wrote: »
    Thanks what I meant was does agreeing to appeal make you liable as the driver, as 'only driver themselves can make appeal', if you see what I mean?
    They must accept an appeal from the keeper.

Having read the page that Fisher Jim linked to, and their FAQ page, it does appear that they want a keeper to appeal by post.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,096 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Absolutely right Fisher Jim.

This first sentence is interesting:

So an appeal from the keeper is not accepted eh?

Exactly, the fact that they state this is for all intents and purposes immaterial anyway as we all know whatever you put and who ever send it it will be rejected.

The other S**T they spout is:

Aren't wardens supposed to give 'a few minutes grace' before issuing a ticket?
    Contrary to popular belief, you are not - and never have been - permitted to stop for 'a few minutes' other than to set down or pick up passengers or load and unload goods
    Misleading to say the least!

I had broken down at the time the ticket was issued?

If your vehicle was broken down, you must seek permission to park the car. Contact the telephone number on the signs or the landowner of the property.
    What at 6pm on a Sunday?

The online appeal system does not consider grounds of mitigation.

Then who does, that basically says stuff you don't bother, we won't accept any appeal about anything, but we knew that anyway!
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 4 February 2018 at 2:21PM
    Options
    I'm pretty darned sure that the above wording about grace periods has been copied from a council website. I think another PPC was using that (borrowed) phrase years ago. Another clue that it's been copied from a council website is the part about yellow lines.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I cannot see this firm listed on either the BPA or IPC lists of approved operators. That is unless they also go by another name. The only address is a PO box in Knutsford Cheshire.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 February 2018 at 2:39PM
    Options
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,096 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    From their parent website here's a contradiction:

Understanding & Investigation
    We are very experienced with dealing with motorists that have visited hospitals. Without a doubt there are many occasions when an individual has genuine reasons for parking in contravention. Our experienced Appeals processing team takes this into account and mitigating circumstances are always considered.

http://www.parkshieldgroup.com/Healthcare.html
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,179 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They are an IPC member and windscreen ticket was issued so Forum recommends appealing to parking company ASAP before NtK, would this still require the same one size fits all template/guide as in the Newbies thread?
    Yes and no. Alter it to include what IamEmanresu suggested above.

And you are appealing as lessee (day to day keeper) of the car, NOT 'driver'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • deres1212
    Options
    Im in the same boat. I got a parking ticket from these guys at QA back in November. I walked into Carrilions office as I was staff, they told me to use the online appeals. When that was rejected I went back and they took the charge notice off of me and said they would deal with it. I've now received a notice to keeper at my address. Im pretty annoyed because I dont have the original paperwork as they took it off me, and I had to claim I was the keeper and driver as the appeals process required me to tick one. Anyone got any ideas of how to proceed?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    and have ALL the Carrilion staff now gone from the land or are they now wearing jackets with a different name on the back
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    deres1212 wrote: »
    Im in the same boat. I got a parking ticket from these guys at QA back in November. I walked into Carrilions office as I was staff, they told me to use the online appeals. When that was rejected I went back and they took the charge notice off of me and said they would deal with it. I've now received a notice to keeper at my address. Im pretty annoyed because I dont have the original paperwork as they took it off me, and I had to claim I was the keeper and driver as the appeals process required me to tick one. Anyone got any ideas of how to proceed?

Please start your own thread. All answers here are for the benefit of the OP. On your own thread you will get bespoke help.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts