Heads up, compers! In order to investigate a technical issue, we've had to move some of the older threads from Game Over into a new category called 'Game Over Archives'. It'll be comps from before 2017, so shouldn't have too much impact on your day-to-day Forum experience. Thanks for your patience!

Box Tv

Hi I've won a comp with this company. It was to win tickets to see Rag N Bone man in Birmingham. Can anyone point me to the comp as I need to see the conditions. Thanks.
ABCDEFGHIJKL:jNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Replies

• edited 31 January 2018 at 9:15PM
    One-EyeOne-Eye Forumite
    61.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 31 January 2018 at 9:15PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5776717 is probably your comp.

Rag 'n' Bone Man gig is at Birmingham Town Hall, Wednesday 7th February

Another comp for this prize has these terms
    Tickets are guestlist only and winners must declare names to be added to the guestlist in advance.
    Tickets are non-transferrable.
  • dc64dc64 Forumite
    350 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    It's just they want me to scan and send them proof of my age, birth cert drivers license, passport. I'm sure I wouldn't have entered with these terms. Other comps don't seem to have these conditions.
  • jaibabyjaibaby Forumite
    4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    dc64 wrote: »
    It's just they want me to scan and send them proof of my age, birth cert drivers license, passport. I'm sure I wouldn't have entered with these terms. Other comps don't seem to have these conditions.

Possibly for security measures? Since the Manchester I'm sure all places upped their security.
    Thanks to all posters :A
  • dc64dc64 Forumite
    350 Posts
    That's fine. It's to prove age, the gig is over 18. It's just that I have no way to give them the documents they need that's why I don't think I saw this in the terms and conditions. Just wanted to see if others had seen the t&cs.
  • cluckyhencluckyhen Forumite
    654 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Stoptober Survivor Debt-free and Proud! PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    dc64 wrote: »
    That's fine. It's to prove age, the gig is over 18. It's just that I have no way to give them the documents they need that's why I don't think I saw this in the terms and conditions. Just wanted to see if others had seen the t&cs.

Can you take a photo on a camera of them to send?
    Back to comping after a couple of years overseas
    Good Luck Everyone
  • dc64dc64 Forumite
    350 Posts
    To tell you the truth I would never have entered if I saw the t&c saying what info they needed knowing I couldn't supply it. Just wanted to know if anyone could point me to the t&c for confirmation. I have messaged them to give the tickets to someone else to enjoy.
  • One-EyeOne-Eye Forumite
    61.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    It's becoming more common to ask for ID like this before confirming the prize for all sorts of competitions - it helps to make sure entrants use their real names as well as proof of age where age is relevant. I have a photo of my passport stored ready to send (passport number and bottom line redacted)

Gig prizes where entry is via guest list nearly always require photo ID at the door.
  • babsbabs Forumite
    516 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Forumite
    I have won gig/theatre tickets a few times and they nearly always require I.D, it’s so no one else can turn up in your place or sell them on to ticket touts etc.
    £2021 in 2021... £253.86/£2021
  • dc64dc64 Forumite
    350 Posts
    Well even though i'm 99% sure the info they asked for wasn't in the t&cs I emailed to say I was sorry i couldn't supply the info they requested and to please select someone else and give them the tickets and I hope they would enjoy as much as I would have. Petty I know but a reply would have been nice or even courteous.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals