Best Current You Tube to MP3 Convertor

Options

Comments

• were
    were Posts: 632 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2018 at 1:51PM
    Options
    Hi, just how does https://www.converto.io/ work. I use an apple macbook air. If I download the converto programme what do I then have to do to save a video to my macbook in MP3 format please?

Thanks
    There is no software to download. All done in the cloud.

Epic Trailer Music/Film (Royalty Free) - Composed by Alex Lisi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-i4NYDP0Ug

go to https://www.converto.io/ and past in the above link.

a dropdown box appears which you can select mp3 or mp4

From here, go to the big cog that is to the right of the title and if you press it you can select quality of the film (for mp4). Under mp3 option you get a basic cut feature.

now press the big convert button, and wait while it converts.

After a few seconds 'Done!' appears, and now click the link to download
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    onlinevideoconverter.com similar to the above solutions, perhaps with more options. Ads and noxious pop-ups, though.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,447 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,811 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I use the youtube-dl command line tool. It has options to extract the audio to FLAC, MP3, AAC and plenty of others.
  • bjbyorkshire
    Options
    Hi, I used convert.io as per were's suggestion. I did download a video ok but then up popped a box with the message that the last site I used had put a virus on my computer... eek! I freaked out slightly. Didn't click the link that they said I must click on. I shut down my computer and waited a while. I re started and nothing seemed to be worryingly different so I have used the laptop until today.

My son is here and said he uses onlinevideoconverter.com to download You tube videos so he emailed it to me. I used that to download another You tube video and the same box popped up at the end of the download saying that the last site I visited had infected my computer with a virus. My son said not to worry but I am. I won't be downloading any more videos if this pops up every time. It is scary as I do online banking and this makes me feel vulnerable to say the least.

Have any of you had this message at all? What can I do. I'm using a Macbook air by the way.

Thanks
  • wymondham
    wymondham Posts: 6,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
  • bjbyorkshire
    Options
    Thanks but we have enough suggestions for video converters. Can anyone tell me whether my pop up box saying the last site I visited has infected my computer? Bit scared as it happened twice with 2 different video converters(as posted above).
  • dipsomaniac
    Options
    i doubt whether it has been infected if you haven't clicked the popup. maybe worth running malewarebytes for piece of mind.

i have never been comfortable with most of these youtube rippers thats why i use audacity
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
  • bjbyorkshire
    Options
    Thanks dipsomaniac. Is malware bites suitable for using on an Apple MacBook Air?
  • dipsomaniac
    Options
    sorry not an expert on apple products. hopefully someone else can advise
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure