PPI and

Options
Hi

I would like to apply for PPI but is there any point. The reason I ask is that I had a mortgage but the property was repossessed in 2012 with a shortfall on the mortgage of about £30K - it was a joint mortgage with my Ex
I don't want to apply for PPI if this is going to cause the mortgage company to come after me ?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Apply for PPI or make a complaint about it?

If a complaint, any redress would be offset against the amount you owe. However, do you have mis sale reasons?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Geoff190 wrote: »
    I don't want to apply for PPI if this is going to cause the mortgage company to come after me
    If there is still £30,000 outstanding on the mortgage, I very much doubt you'd receive anything personally from a PPI complaint. You should only make a complaint if you simply want any redress to go towards the unpaid debt.
  • Geoff190
    Options
    Apologies Ishould have been clearer with my post

Any PPII claim for would be in relation to old credit cards and a previous bank overdraft - nothing to do directly with my old mortgage

My concern was I didn't want to open a can of worms and alert my previous mortgage company about any possible refunds Hence my question would it be worth my while ?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The mortgage company have 12 years to come after both or either of you for the return of their money, so it's a moot point.

And the policy would probably have been issued separately form the motgage provider, or should have been. Was it?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Geoff190 wrote: »
    Any PPII claim for would be in relation to old credit cards and a previous bank overdraft - nothing to do directly with my old mortgage
    If I owed £30,000 I'd be keeping my head down...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure