My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,115 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you aren't stressing :). I see now why you need to write: as you say they waste a lot of paper but I guess it's worth jumping through a few hoops to get things sorted.

Glad the cat is looking better! :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you aren't stressing :). I see now why you need to write: as you say they waste a lot of paper but I guess it's worth jumping through a few hoops to get things sorted.

Glad the cat is looking better! :)
    I reread the letters and it seems they are all going to default me and stop interest and any other charges so that’s good news,NatWest included a IE form with their letter but I m not filling it out because SC have already sent them one,I have written them all the same basic letter responding to their request for payment,basically it just says that my financial situation isn’t going to change so I will not be able to meet my contractual minimum payments and that I have set up a DMP with Stepchange andif they want any more information to contact them,I also told them that all communication from now on has to be by letter only and not by phone ,I’m feeling calmly in control at the moment,lets hope it lasts :)
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Well today I went in and paid my emergency fund into my shiny new savings account,there is now £350 in that account with another £100 to be paid in when my daughter pays me back for the vet bill,I;ve given her the option of paying me in two instalments but she says she wants to pay me in one go from her savings,she is so good with money and doesnt like owing money to anyone, the £50 that is in that account is actually my Xmas fund so Im opening another account for that and transferring it over later on tonight.......look at me with two savings accounts .....when I was a kid I used to love saving my money it gave me a real thrill to see it building up and I am feeling the same now,I have to make the most of the money Im getting from DD boyfriend before he moves out in September so that is all going in the emergency fund ,the Xmas savings are coming from the rent my sister pays me for my garage and money Im no longer wasting on magazines and the lottery,the garage money always just got swallowed up before but it shouldnt now I have proper budget to stick to,realistically there are going to be months when I cant put anything away as my wages fluctuate depending on how many unsocial hours I do but I should be able to put something away most months,Im just impressed that I have £50 saved for Xmas already as normally I dont have anything
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,115 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just look at you! Doing fabulously! You are so organised, well done. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well today I went in and paid my emergency fund into my shiny new savings account,there is now £350 in that account with another £100 to be paid in when my daughter pays me back for the vet bill,I;ve given her the option of paying me in two instalments but she says she wants to pay me in one go from her savings,she is so good with money and doesnt like owing money to anyone, the £50 that is in that account is actually my Xmas fund so Im opening another account for that and transferring it over later on tonight.......look at me with two savings accounts .....when I was a kid I used to love saving my money it gave me a real thrill to see it building up and I am feeling the same now,I have to make the most of the money Im getting from DD boyfriend before he moves out in September so that is all going in the emergency fund ,the Xmas savings are coming from the rent my sister pays me for my garage and money Im no longer wasting on magazines and the lottery,the garage money always just got swallowed up before but it shouldnt now I have proper budget to stick to,realistically there are going to be months when I cant put anything away as my wages fluctuate depending on how many unsocial hours I do but I should be able to put something away most months,Im just impressed that I have £50 saved for Xmas already as normally I dont have anything

Wow...well done on the EF. We had a few set backs with things that we needed during the first 3 years of our DMP so ours is not looking good at the moment, but we will get it back up soon. You are doing so well.
  • arsenalbarnie
    Options
    Hi there OBL stumbled across your diary and have subscribed. Well done on everything you have achieved so far and keep building up that emergency fund! Have subscribed, you sound so much happier than last month. :T
    Total weight lost 6.5/73lbs starting yet again. Afds August 10/15. /8 Sept.
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Just look at you! Doing fabulously! You are so organised, well done. :)
    Thanks Cherry no one had ever called me organised before :) I’m actually enjoying being in control of my money for a change,now I just need to get control of the house work and keeping my weight in my goal range,I’ve just been out for afternoon tea and eaten loads so it’s not going to be good news on the scales this week :rotfl:
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    ploppy57 wrote: »
    Wow...well done on the EF. We had a few set backs with things that we needed during the first 3 years of our DMP so ours is not looking good at the moment, but we will get it back up soon. You are doing so well.
    Thanks Ploppy,I’m lucky in that at the moment DDs boyfriend is living here and he gives me rent every month so that money is going in the emergency fund there should be about £900 by the time he moves out so I’m hoping to hang onto that and only use it for absolute emergencies because when he goes my spare money will reduce drastically,I should still be able to save but just not that amount every month,my fridge freezer is quite old so that is bound to pack up in the near future,Im going to look at appliances and work out how much I need to replace the washer and fridge and oven and try to keep that amount roughly in savings,years ago my oven and my washer packed up in the same week and it cost me a fortune to replace them and of course it went on the credit card back then but I can’t do that now so I need my savings
    I hope you get yours built up again soon :)
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Hi there OBL stumbled across your diary and have subscribed. Well done on everything you have achieved so far and keep building up that emergency fund! Have subscribed, you sound so much happier than last month. :T
    Hi thanks for reading and subscribing,I didn’t think anyone would be interested in reading my ramblings :rotfl:
    I’m so much happier than I was when I first joined the site,I was really in a state the day I joined here and it wouldn’t be an understatement to say that finding this site and the helpful people on here has possibly saved my life in more ways than one,I’m enjoying being in control of my finances,I just wish I had done it earlier because I wasted so much time worrying about the situation when I could have been doing something about it,but never mind I’m here now and it’s onwards and upwards for now on.Im also lovingly having an actual emergency fund,it’s something I’ve never had before and I’m finding it very reassuring :)
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Happy Mother’s Day to all the mums out there,I hope you have all had a lovely day
    My DDS have spoilt me today,I’ve been treated to afternoon tea and they each bought me a book plus DD2 gave me some money to buy something to wear (I immediately wondered whether to put it in the savings:rotfl:) and a large bar of Bournville chocolate,I loooooove Bournville and haven’t had any for a few years now,mind you I’m so stuffed from the tea I probably won’t be eating any today
    I’m just chilling out at home now in my PJs because it’s horrible outside and it seemed like a good idea,DDs boyfriend has gone to watch the rugby,DD went up to lie on her bed and read a book but has fallen asleep so the house is nice and peaceful,I might even fall asleep myself at some point:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback