Wish I had stayed with Expedia

Options

Comments

• pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Torment you? Talk about a mountain out of a molehill. There are twin rooms in the hotel you have chosen. The hotel will allocate rooms a couple of weeks before your holiday. Contact them at that time and make your request in an appropriate tone.

In my extensive experience of package holidays, it!!!8217;s s the double rooms which are in demand. Couples want to be together. In reviews it!!!8217;s s the lack of such a bed which causes complaints.

Calm down and put the situation in proportion.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am experiencing the same problem as above when posting and noticed it on other posts.

For some reason if you type an apostrophe the MSE software is recording it as a jumble of characters - it!!!8217;s s.
  • pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Westin wrote: »
    I am experiencing the same problem as above when posting and noticed it on other posts.

For some reason if you type an apostrophe the MSE software is recording it as a jumble of characters - it!!!8217;s s.

Annoying isn’t it!
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 February 2018 at 9:56AM
    Options
    I've booked twin room through Expedia, and on arrival been allocated double. If the hotel is full there's then not much you can do about it.
    So even going through Expedia there's no guarantee.
    But if it's someone you're happy to share a room with, sharing a double bed isn't a massive step up. It's not ideal but it's not the end of the world. And you can always put pillows down the middle if you feel that uncomfortable about it.

ETA I hope you're not scattering capital letters in your emails to customer services etc. It does tend to make people look a little unhinged.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    I've booked twin room through Expedia, and on arrival been allocated double. If the hotel is full there's then not much you can do about it.
    So even going through Expedia there's no guarantee.

But the OP doesn't think the T&C's of Jet2/Expedia/Hotel apply to them and they want a guarantee :mad:
  • teezie
    teezie Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Depending on what country you're travelling to (assuming JET2 that it would be abroad), in my experience quite often a 'double' is two twin beds pushed together, and even when we've booked a double room, we've found 2 beds with a small table in between and we've had to move a bit of furniture around!
  • ChrisK....._3
    Options
    k3lvc wrote: »
    But the OP doesn't think the T&C's of Jet2/Expedia/Hotel apply to them and they want a guarantee :mad:
    Just because it's legal doesn't not preclude it from being poor customer service. Tesco want their customers to shop with confidence, JET2 just want your money by whatever means possible. If someone booked my hotel for June and hours later changed their mind I would just give then their money back. I would sooner my last 3 rooms were taken by people who wanted to be there.
    If I ruled the world.......
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Asking you to adhere to the terms of what you purchased is not poor customer service. Jet2 is holding up their end of the bargain, it's you who is wanting to back out of what you agreed to.
  • ChrisK....._3
    Options
    jpsartre wrote: »
    Asking you to adhere to the terms of what you purchased is not poor customer service. ....

Not necessarily but...
    Just because it's legal doesn't not preclude it from being poor customer service. ....
    If I ruled the world.......
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My argument wasn't that because it was legal, it was therefore good customer service. I can think of plenty of legal things a company could do that would be poor customer service. But asking that the customer lives up to their end of the bargain they agreed to is certainly not one of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure