sukeyboo Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    7/14 for today please Baileys
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    Morning!

Well done lonelyrat - it can be awfully hard to stay sober when everyone else around you is drinking (and trying to make you drink!).

We went for a walk yesterday and ended up in the pub for a few. I tried Heineken 0.0 and have made the conscious decision that AF beers are not for me. They're all rotten! I'll stick to my soda and lime from now on.

14/31 & 43/90 for today please Baileys :)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's seemed like a long weekend. Glad to get back on the wagon today. Hoping for a good week.:)

6/10 AFDs please Baileys.
  • wishus
    wishus Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    After this weekend I can report I am on 6/18! :)
    Back in debt again, but for a good cause. £17K to go

April Grocery Challenge: £228.36/200

Decluttering 863/2024 Awards 🥇
    (26/04/24)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    cathybird wrote: »
    Well I quite look forward to a night out with a drink, not saying I don't, but these days I also look forward to the nights where I don't drink, and back in the day it would never have occurred to me that a night without alcohol could be just as if not more enjoyable than a night with! So it's a good sign to me that now I've twigged this :rotfl:

We're so conditioned to think that booze is an integral part of an evening out that some of us forgot it was a possibility!
    lonelyrat wrote: »
    Made it through the function, despite some peoples best efforts. It was hard when everyone else was drinking and I felt quite awkward as I didn't know people that well... But I did it! And am proud to say 13/31 and today marks 21 days since I stopped drinking - baby steps :)

Well done, Lonely Rat! It takes a bit of doing the first time, and then after that it starts to fall into place. For one thing, you know you can do it now!

Well done on resisting the best efforts of some who think that everyone should always have a drink - it's a form of bullying to insist that people drink but for some reason it's considered socially acceptable. They don't stop doing it for quite some time, either.
    fatrab wrote: »
    I tried Heineken 0.0 and have made the conscious decision that AF beers are not for me. They're all rotten! I'll stick to my soda and lime from now on.

There are some I can't make myself drink, so I have more than a little sympathy! I know F0$ters is undrinkable but their AF version has the piquant taste of vomit.

14/31 please, Baileys.
    Better is good enough.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    11/24 AFDs today
  • maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    lonelyrat wrote: »
    Made it through the function, despite some peoples best efforts. It was hard when everyone else was drinking and I felt quite awkward as I didn't know people that well... But I did it! And am proud to say 13/31 and today marks 21 days since I stopped drinking - baby steps :)

Well done Lonelyy rat - always harder especially surrounded by family and in a situation you weren't sure of.

7/15 please for yesterday and hoping to be at 8 for tomorrow. A smiley day too, hurray
  • StitchyWitchy
    Options
    6/20 so far this month. I am finding that I am not really missing drinking at home so far - so far, so good
    Went to the pub last night and had a Heineken 00
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,331 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, 11/21 for me today please. :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am finding that I am not really missing drinking at home so far - so far, so good
    Went to the pub last night and had a Heineken 00

I think a lot of our drinking is more habit than anything else, and if we can break the habit life becomes much simpler.

15/31 please, Baileys.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family