Inheritance and student loan repayment
If parents have money to help their child with a deposit for buying a house and getting a mortgage- but their child has a student loan-(child is not earning enough to repay yet) what is the best thing to do? Can the parents pay the deposit as a gift when a house is found or would the money be subject to paying the loan?Can students with a loan receive an inheritance- would that count towards earnings and loan repayment? Also, are students with loans able to save in the help to buy ISA . Would that be considered as money that should repay loan or is it exempt?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.2K Spending & Discounts
- 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.5K Life & Family
- 246.8K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards