Options

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

Happy Wednesday all!!!

The girls have got some friends here today as their mum started her new job and had no-one to look after them. They've been playing well so far and I've managed to crack on with some jobs.

Caught up with my ironing this morning and then I've been following a blog called the organised mum and today's 30 min job is the hall and stairs. Spent just over 30 mins (ours is 3 floors) doing the doors, spindles on the bannisters and skirtings. This is a job I never get round to so feeling happy that I did it.

Ive got a load of washing pegged out but the rain is threatening so will bring it in shortly before it ends up soaked.

The girls are nagging to go to the park so we might wander round there shortly for half an hour.

Today is NSD4 :T.

Think thats all really, hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,529 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy Wednesday to you :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Thank you Beanie :D.

So we managed an hour in the park which was nice to get out for a bit. It keeps raining here so the washing has been doing the hokey cokey in and out of the kitchen on the airer :rotfl:. Going to have to put it back outside shortly as il be cooking tea and don't want it smelling of food!

Also forgot to mention earlier that I've sorted out one of our bookshelves of the books the kids have outgrown. Ive left them in a pile for DH to vet before I donate them to the library. The really special ones I've kept :o. We had so many I'm sure some haven't even been read as they are so pristine. Then theres the others which have been read to death!

DD2 has been reading really informal books such as Tom Gates and Diary of a Wimpy kid and its started to come through in her writing style which is good but then she gets too informal all of the time. I can now see the array of books we have got so going to try and get her reading some of the others thinking Roald Dahl, Harry Potter, Famous 5 etc. Apparently the books at school are rubbish so she always uses the ones from home :cool:.

I also found a lovely set of books which I will keep from a tombola prize for a non uniform day and also an unused activity book which I have kept to one side for the plane for DD2.

Forgot to say I'm quite annoyed with 3bay. I sold something on Sunday and they're holding the money until the buyer leaves feedback! I don't often sell so its probably to do with that but its annoyed me all the same. Its not a massive amount but not the point.

I had a pair of DD2s converse on there but I've taken them off as no interest and I'm sick of 3bay tbh.

Thats about all! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• beanielou
    Options
    Ebay is dire for selling these days.
    Thr seller isent likely to leave feedback til they get the goods & some dont leave any flipping feedback!!
    So what are they going to do then!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Have you got a local FB selling page?
    Ours is great & no fees & mostly no hassle.

• mummytogirls
    Options
    I know Beanie, this is exactly what I thought. Plus I didn't want to draw the buyers attention to this fact incase they think sod it 3bay will side with my straight away if I raise a claim!!!

We probably do have local selling pages, never really look on that. Good idea though il check it out xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    edited 8 August 2018 at 7:56PM
    Options
    Forgot to mention I've been busy again. Whilst cooking tea (hot beef baguette) I've cleaned the skirtings and doors in the kitchen and done a bit of weeding in the garden (hate that job). Then after tea I've cleaned 3 out of 4 sets of venetian blinds we have around the house. This is also a job I hate but once I've done it I always feel so much better.

xx
    Mummytogirls x

• System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds like you've had a very productive day!!! :D
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Cough I have girls smaller than you :p Insta me :rotfl:

I gave up on eBay both selling and buying, selling just wasn't worth the hassle with the fees and post etc. then the moaners. Buying I had a few bad experiences and I just thought it wasn't worth it anymore :o

The pics of the park look amazing. I wish our parks had good 'things'

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

Another productive day today :D.

Had to take DD2 to the doctors again about her ears this morning. This must be the 4th infection since end of May... well its not quite got to that stage yet as I think weve caught it quick but they've given her more drops anyway. So its obvious to me that the culprit is swimming as she went back again on Tuesday and not even 2 days later she is suffering again. With this in mind I am not paying for the next lot as she starts going with school when she goes back and its basically the same teacher as we pay for. She does want to go back and try for her bronze but I'm going to give her a term off and buy some ear plugs and see how she gets on. Im not how the school swimming works and i f she could get bronze with them or not. That has saved £63 next week anyway... every cloud and all that.

Weve been to Mr Al's and spent £51 in there which was a bit more than I wanted to spend but did include oven cleaner which is on my summer to do list.

Done my 30 mins with the organised mum which was the kitchen today. Focused on the tiles and top of fridge etc today and cleaned the bin. Skirtings, doors and curtains were done yesterday.

Thanks Becs!

WF, I never even considered send you photos!! Ive given the converse away to DD's friend now but if I have anything else I will send you a message :D thank you.

Think thats about all, hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport