12 replies 1.2K views
2»

Replies

• Voyager2002Voyager2002 Forumite
    14.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jenniefour wrote: »
    Alternatively, it might be that all his 'live' work was actually handed over as required on retirement, and his currently practising colleagues will be able to effect the correct action. I assume he did mean colleagues who are still practising - members of his old firm? I would imagine, if that's the case, and there might have been some sort of mess up concerning his retirement, that they may have some obligation to put this matter right, especially if it is, in effect, the same law firm. Worth an enquiry with them.

Good thought, but no, the people he named were his contemporaries, people who are no longer practising. The firm denied all responsibility, and in fact no longer had his contact details (the SRA helped put me in touch with him).
  • Voyager2002Voyager2002 Forumite
    14.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have the proof the beneficial interest of the trust lies with the kids.

Simplest solution is wait till the legal owner(trustee) dies and their administrator can deal with transfer.

Given the value and potential cost to get a transfer signed off I would just wait.

That sounds very sensible: is there any way to identify the administrator at that point?
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides