Rubbish CS again

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
6 replies 986 views
soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
67.9K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭✭
I know that we all get different glitches on ebay but I continually have problems with my seller preferences for 'countries I don't ship to' disappearing. Just as an aside I have not been able to block Russia now for months and apparently the tech people are 'working on it', albeit it at a snail's pace.

Usually the first I see of the glitch is when I suddenly sell something to Italy, a country I have had blocked since about 2001. I was wrapping packages last night and noticed 3 sales to Italy, I used live chat as usual and whilst I usually just get the comment that they will let tech know again, this time I had a real issue with the rep. She insisted that my seller preferences were merely a request and not a block and that even though Italy was blocked with no postage showing an Italian buyer could still buy and I was obliged to send.

The reason for this thread is just to remind newbies that CS on ebay often don't have the faintest idea how ebay works and basically not to trust them. After requesting it be escalated I was once again given the go ahead (I would have done it anyway) to cancel the sale on the basis of buyers address, and relist my items.As usual though they say they will not protect me from neg feedback, but should I get any then to call them so they can review if necessary.

They did helpfully suggest (hmm) that I do a daily check for each and every one of my listings (currently well over 200) so that I can reset any that have reverted to 'worldwide postage'. I told them not to be silly and that I would continue to cancel and relist any sale that went to a country to which my settings say I do not ship.
I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
New to Forum? Guide

Replies

• bxboardsbxboards Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    The Russia block issue is tricky, as you need to uncheck it on the listing page where you specify your postage prices, then go into your block settings for countries you do not post do, Russia does (or did) appear in two geographic locations, you had to block both of those.

I havent had the issue with Italy as I do post there, but all my EU parcels go DHL so tend to get there.

Ebay settings can often randomly switch themselves off and on, the usual one for me are Global Shipping and Argos Click and Collect, i do not do either but just occasionally somehow they will get enabled and you only find out after the order has been placed. Just before Christmas I got a load of Argos Click and Collect orders and buyers where telling me they only used it as Ebay also slapped a 'free postage' for collection in person items on my listing for C&C!!!
  • edited 29 January 2018 at 10:00AM
    soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 January 2018 at 10:00AM
    bxboards wrote: »
    The Russia block issue is tricky, as you need to uncheck it on the listing page where you specify your postage prices, then go into your block settings for countries you do not post do, Russia does (or did) appear in two geographic locations, you had to block both of those.

I havent had the issue with Italy as I do post there, but all my EU parcels go DHL so tend to get there.

Ebay settings can often randomly switch themselves off and on, the usual one for me are Global Shipping and Argos Click and Collect, i do not do either but just occasionally somehow they will get enabled and you only find out after the order has been placed. Just before Christmas I got a load of Argos Click and Collect orders and buyers where telling me they only used it as Ebay also slapped a 'free postage' for collection in person items on my listing for C&C!!!

Any idea where the 2nd location is for Russia, I can see it under Europe where I have it ticked but can't see it anywhere else.

EDIT: I found it under Asia as well, but that's already ticked.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected]ingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • DoxDox Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Might it help to put a note in your listings indicating that you don't post to
      and that any sales to these countries will be cancelled and money refunded via Paypal?
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Dox wrote: »
    Might it help to put a note in your listings indicating that you don't post to
      and that any sales to these countries will be cancelled and money refunded via Paypal?

I have that already on my listings as ebay told me to do that last year. My issue isn't cancelling but the fact that I risk poor feedback and each cancelled payment costs me 20p.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • ThinkingOfLinkingThinkingOfLinking Forumite
    11.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my case, the buyers who got through my blocks didn't pay and I assumed it was because they couldn't because I had not specified a postage price...I was able to merely cancel the transaction there and then.
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    In my case, the buyers who got through my blocks didn't pay and I assumed it was because they couldn't because I had not specified a postage price...I was able to merely cancel the transaction there and then.

Currently this is only affecting my business account so BIN with immediate payment required. I sell to Europe and worldwide (with exceptions) so the prices are there for my buyers as it just picks up 'Europe' or whatever.

I recently had an Italian buyer (I have never shipped to Italy) on a low cost item who had pages and pages of brilliant feedback both received and left. Frankly it was an item I was pleased to see the back of so decided to ship- and I have received the nicest feedback. I'm still blocking Italy though as I suspect that was a fluke.

Virtually all of my buyers are Italian or Russian, I haven't had anyone from a different country or Continent yet even though when my blocks are removed I go to 'worldwide' without any limitations.
    New to Forum? Guide
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals