V6 Box free for all Virgin Media customers

Options
13»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Pikeyp wrote: »
    You can copy your Series+ links to the new box
    That's hardly going to restore actual recordings already made. Catch-Up will only provide (some) material from the last month. Not every channel provides a Catch Up service.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    didn't think the Hub3 was an improvement on the Hub2
  • whattochoose
    Options
    That's hardly going to restore actual recordings already made. Catch-Up will only provide (some) material from the last month. Not every channel provides a Catch Up service.
    Well said. I'm reasonably happy with my TIVO box, and have only had it just over a year, so I'm staying with it for now.
    However, I do find it useless when trying to access things like Netflix and BBC iplayer, it's so slow and clunky.
    I invested in an Amazon Firestick a couple of months ago and find that great when wishing to view the various media apps.
  • littlerock
    littlerock Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    We have a deal with VM which includes high speed broadband, full tv package and telephone. We are long out of contract with Virgin and have been debating ditching the tv option for Freeview.

A week or so ago we got an offer from VM for a free upgrade of our set top box to a V6. It appeared to be no obligation and I started filling in the details.

However when I reached the point to confirm the order, it displayed a message saying I was about to sign up to a new contract for 12 months. Is this correct?

"Confirm your order
    Summary (12 month contract unless specified)
    You are about to upgrade to a new package as shown below. It will also include everything from your current package and extras."
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income