Leeds Building Society Regular Saver (Issue 4)

Options

Comments

• aj23_2
    aj23_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, I'd take some, When I did my annual withdrawal last year, I was asked for ID, I'd brought some with me, as I'd been surprised before at Leeds Building Society when trying to close the Issue 2 Regular Saver, and I didn't bring any with me.

I thought they would just check your signature in the passbook against the UV light.
  • GreenBitterfly
    Options
    aj23 wrote: »
    I thought they would just check your signature in the passbook against the UV light.

They probably do that too, but they insisted about the ID for the first time, and so didn't chance it the second time and brought some with me.
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They probably do that too, but they insisted about the ID for the first time, and so didn't chance it the second time and brought some with me.

So much easier in HK. I just show them my Permanent Resident HK ID card. I use it to open accounts and also withraw money.

Don't know why they don't do a national ID card in the UK. Not everyone drives and not everyone has a passport.
  • aj23_2
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    So much easier in HK. I just show them my Permanent Resident HK ID card. I use it to open accounts and also withraw money.

Don't know why they don't do a national ID card in the UK. Not everyone drives and not everyone has a passport.

Because we don't need them, and it was voted against.

Even if you don't have a passport or driving licence (vast majority has at least one of those) there are other methods they accept.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,229 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »

It might be easier Speculator, but saving in HK seems to be far less rewarding:cool: than in UK.
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    aj23 wrote: »
    August will reach £,6000.

Ah right same as me.

Not a criticism as I didn't class that as 'close' and ive plenty of products on my spreadsheet that mature before this.

I just wondered if I'd missed a trick on opening this.

Cheers for the reply.
  • aj23_2
    Options
    Ah right same as me.

Not a criticism as I didn't class that as 'close' and ive plenty of products on my spreadsheet that mature before this.

I just wondered if I'd missed a trick on opening this.

Cheers for the reply.

Well if you go to branch 31 August and have the book updated with interest paid that day, and then withdraw money, you've gone it on the last day of the bonus period. So technically you could withdraw more on 1 September on the first day of the new bonus period.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Think I get to 6k in my july payment, so cant make the August one without making a withdrawal.

Is that where everyone else is at> Im expecting them to close the issue, after all they closed issue 3 for payments eventually.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • GreenBitterfly
    Options
    I've not hit the maximum as I was only using it to save small amounts, but I am expecting them to close the issue as they did for Issue 3 last year.
  • aj23_2
    Options
    Westie983 wrote: »
    Think I get to 6k in my july payment, so cant make the August one without making a withdrawal.

Is that where everyone else is at> Im expecting them to close the issue, after all they closed issue 3 for payments eventually.

Westie983

The issue was released in September 2016, so you couldn't reach the max by July? It would be August.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure