2»

Comments

• Bimbly
    Bimbly Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The man actually turned up today!!!

Meter changed to single rate.

I looked at my account, but it doesn't show what I was paying on night rate or day rate. It just has one amount for electric and another for gas. Even when I read the meters this morning and submitted results, it only told me how much electric total I had used and what it had cost me.

Technician seemed to think it was madness to have dual rate without things like overnight storage heaters. He said this area has a lot of dual rate meters installed, which made no sense to him as, like my property, they were never installed with storage heaters.

I guess i'll never know how much I save/spend on the two systems. At least it's done now.
  • dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The guy who changed the meter will have left you a card which showed the readings on the old meter as it was removed, and the reading on the new meter being installed - If you weren't around, it will have been tucked behind the meter or close to

Guard this card with your life !
    Suppliers losing the plot on meter changes and readings are all too common
  • House_Martin
    House_Martin Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    edited 9 February 2018 at 11:31AM
    Options
    The "technician " is of course wrong in his assumptions.Hes most likely a meter fitter on standard tariff who is nt interested in the best deals or he would not have been offering you such bad advice !!.
    He may also be a slovenly meter fitter who did nt do his job right and leave a card stuffed by the meter showing the date and readings of day/night tariff when he swapped the meter.The supplier will have it in a week or so if you ring them
    Some meter fitters are the bane of my life as a meter reader when I have to input last reads for new meter exchanges. I d say a third of meter fitters can t be bothered to do this vital little job through ignorance or laziness
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure