Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Options

Comments

• AlexJ88
    AlexJ88 Posts: 83 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MollyR said:
    You don't have to verify your account;  but they do regularly introduce new questions into your profile ("About You") and encourage you to complete them.  This is a good thing, because they will know you better and be able to offer you more appropriate studies.  When your profile is complete, it is very very rare for you to be screened out from a survey which has been presented to you.
    sorted now just says waiting for studies, and about me is 100%, so just waiting 
  • CheckDigit
    CheckDigit Posts: 529 Forumite
    Options

Coping with COVID-19 at work: Does being learning agile help? Part 3.

Hosted by Nicoletta Dimitrova
    £2.5020 minutes £7.25/hr 97 places remaining
  • TwinMummy
    TwinMummy Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 19 July 2020 at 10:49AM
    Options
    I'm new to PA and my About You section is fully up to date, but I've not had any surveys for 3 days, is that normal?! 
    I keep the tab open at all times when I'm at the computer.
  • MollyR
    MollyR Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    The surveys come a bit sporadically - it depends on what kind of profile any individual researcher is looking for, and you will see people posting details here of surveys they have been offered, but which are not available to other people.  I have in the past gone nearly a week without anything, and then had four in a day!
  • CheckDigit
    Options

Longitudinal survey (12 weeks) on behaviour and social norms during the current corona pandemic - Week 10

Hosted by Dominik Maiori
    £1.4010 minutes £8.40/hr 107 places remaining
  • AlexJ88
    AlexJ88 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Just did my first study and now its awaiting approval, i felt it went well, but whats the chances of it being denied? Do you get like a smaller payout if its denied?
  • ElefantEd
    ElefantEd Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    AlexJ88 said:
    Just did my first study and now its awaiting approval, i felt it went well, but whats the chances of it being denied? Do you get like a smaller payout if its denied?
    If you passed any attention checks (questions designed to show you are actually reading them carefully) then you will certainly be paid. PA guarantees this. If you fail an attention check you'll get nothing. Sometimes you get a bonus, and if the survey goes wrong for a reason outside your control, you usually get paid anyway. PA is the best survey site there is in my opinion, for these reasons!

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A mahoosive 1p bonus for a flying experience survey (that I can't actually remember what it was about.)
    I think I'd rather have no bonus at all than that piddling amount. Makes you wonder why they bothered. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • ZaSa1418
    ZaSa1418 Posts: 651 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    elsien said:
    A mahoosive 1p bonus for a flying experience survey (that I can't actually remember what it was about.)
    I think I'd rather have no bonus at all than that piddling amount. Makes you wonder why they bothered. 
    I got the same, a 1p bonus and a 2p bonus for another one :) 
    LBM Debt Total : £48,326.50

Pay All Your Debt Off By Xmas 2023 - #50  £1,495.29 / £12,000.00
    Saving For Christmas 2023 - £1 a day challenge - #6 £100/£1095.00
  • CheckDigit
    Options
    elsien said:
    I got the same. This is the third time I have got a £0.01 bonus :smiley:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure