We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Separate NCB on both cars and accident

Hi, I tried to look for it on google but couldn't find.
My question is that,

I own two cars on Car A, I will have 2 years NCB, and on Car B, I will have 1 year of NCB.
Both cars have different insurance company but NCB they been earned separated.

Question is, If I will have an accident as my fault let's say on Car B, then do I need to inform my insurance company from car A that I had an accident on car B, as my fault?
If yes, do I will lose my NCB on car A or just on car B?
If no, when I will be looking for a new insurance company for car A shall I'll put in a search engine that I had an accident on car B?

I hope you will understand my question.

Thanks

Comments

  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Yes any accident/claim in either car will have to be disclosed to all insurers going forward.

    The NCD would only be affected on the policy covering the cost involved in the clsim
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.