Wedding Savers Challenge - 2018 / 2019

This challenge is for those who are bride-to-be's, Grooms, Family members etc... who are all saving for their wedding, helping a friends / family's wedding etc.

Anyway to save is counted, The amount you stash away with your wages, things you sell, odd jobs, sealed pots etc.

To join just tell us your target amount, your deadline and keep us updated with your amounts.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    First Anniversary
    edited 23 January 2018 at 10:15AM
    1.2674644 £72.60 / £5,000 (1.45%%) :heart2: deadline:08-07-19
    2.MaudeLebowski £175.00 / £4,500 (3.89%) :heart2: deadline:02-11-19
  • £70.00 in my savings account
    £2.60 in my wedding fund jar
  • Ooh, pick me!! We get married on 2nd November 2019 and just put down our venue deposit (a gut wrenching £1525). We've already got £10k saved for it, but we need another £9k...so I'm aiming to save £4.5K! Wish me luck!

Got £175 in my savings pot!
  • Ooh, pick me!! We get married on 2nd November 2019 and just put down our venue deposit (a gut wrenching £1525). We've already got £10k saved for it, but we need another £9k...so I'm aiming to save £4.5K! Wish me luck!

Got £175 in my savings pot!

Welcome ! That's amazing . We haven't paid for anything yet...
    How did you save that much / how long have you been saving, if you don't mind me asking
  • Changed my target to £5,000 it gives us a year until our wanted date to save then the year & 6 months before to save. trying to make it more manageable
  • Well, I'm a psycho and new I was going to marry him fairly early on :) So I started putting money away about 18 months ago - a couple of hundred quid here and there; I had about £3.5K by the time he proposed....fortunately for me, he knew he was going to propose a year before he did it, so he had been putting money aside too! He's a much better saver than me, so over the last year managed to put aside £6k.
    Put our venue deposit down on the credit card so we can benefit from the Section75 cover a bit, but will pay it off pronto!

Good luck!
  • Well, I'm a psycho and new I was going to marry him fairly early on :) So I started putting money away about 18 months ago - a couple of hundred quid here and there; I had about £3.5K by the time he proposed....fortunately for me, he knew he was going to propose a year before he did it, so he had been putting money aside too! He's a much better saver than me, so over the last year managed to put aside £6k.
    Put our venue deposit down on the credit card so we can benefit from the Section75 cover a bit, but will pay it off pronto!

Good luck!

Ah I see ! It's just me saving for the wedding right now.
    I've only started saving this month. I had moving in with him to save for last year and because of illness and just buying bits here and there for the house, I haven't managed to save anything until now.
  • just a heads up,
    I'm not saving for a wedding until I reach my/our emergency savings goal,
    i just cant afford to juggle all my savings at the same time and thought it would be best for us to start with as i'm not in a financial position to save for the wedding yet & I know my fiance desperately wants to pass his driving test (he's currently taking driving lessons) ...

feel free to carry on posting & i will pop in to update the thread.

xxx
  • Okay I'm back at it. we came to the agreement that We'll save for wedding and if anything should happen we'll use our wedding money to cover us.
  • Hello both of you, do you mind if I join?

I'm also getting married on 2nd Nov 2019 (snapsies, Maude Lebowski!) and are determined to save a good wedge.

We've paid our deposit for the venue (£500) and we have a total of £15,000 sorted out of a £25,000 budget - thanks to our very generous family members - so we're off to a flying start but need to do our bit now!
    Debt-free wannabe since Jan 2018.

Total debt: was £39,220.58, now £24,897
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family