We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
How can I get my son insured to drive my car?
ECB51
Posts: 8
Forumite
My son has just passed his driving test and I wanted to add him to my car insurance policy wth the AA but they have refused.
I have just paid for year upfront so can't move companies (yes I know I should have checked first!)
Is there another way to get my son insured to drive my car?
Many thanks in advance.
I have just paid for year upfront so can't move companies (yes I know I should have checked first!)
Is there another way to get my son insured to drive my car?
Many thanks in advance.
0
Comments
-
Is it actually going to remain YOUR car?
You can cancel at any time and go to an alternate insurer, there will be some fees, but actually it wont be hundreds.0 -
who is going to do most of the driving?"It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"
G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP0 -
Probably have to pay the cancellation charge with the AA and find a new insurer. - Find the new insurer before cancelling with the AA.1You'll find me sat in the corner with a pack of dry roasted and a Guinness.0
-
It will remain my car and I will be doing most of the driving. My son will just use it occasionally.
I will look into cancelling the AA policy. It sounds like the only way.
They said they wouldn't insure him until he had had his licence for 6 months.
Bit of a chicken and egg situation!
Thanks everyone.0 -
They said they wouldn't insure him until he had had his licence for 6 months.
Bit of a chicken and egg situation!
Not really. If they said he had to have held a full licence for six months before they would insure him then that is simply a time qualification: it does not refer to a period of time holding insurance. In other words, in six months they would insure him whether he had driven in that time or not.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
