Options
13»

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    shepht wrote: »
    It is the Old Mutual collection retirement account, just checked it has made just under £5000 and my husband is down as cautious, low risk investor, what sort of returns should we be expecting or looking for?

it is where my pension is for now.

It is a platform based pension with over 1500 UT/OEIC funds. They plan to make it whole of market later this year.

You cant compare returns without knowing risks. If you were to take a typical 1-10 scale, you could be risk 4 and the other person risk 8. In growth periods, higher risk tends to provide higher returns. In loss periods, lower risk does better.

Comparing 3 months of an economic cycle is pointless by itself but without knowing the investment risks of different options, it is even more pointless.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • shepht
    shepht Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Dunstonh, reassured to know it is where you are investing too. Steep learning curve for us ATM! Now we've going to sort the other pensions out!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure