🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

HSBC PPI claim?

Options
Hi all,

I've just contacted HSBC on the phone to query whether I've had PPI or not through the years through either my overdraft or credit card. The person on the other end explained that while she personally couldn't tell me if I'd had PPI under either product (both active, for 18 and 14 years respectively), I've now automatically lodge a complaint and will hear from the dedicated team in due course.

I was wondering if this was standard procedure?

Thanks very much
2019 Aim: Save £10,000
Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was wondering if this was standard procedure?

The front line staff can tell current and recent position but if you are going back decades, they are not immediately able to tell.

Credit card PPI is pretty easy to tell. It appears on your statement if you are paying it. And if you never cancelled it (assuming you had it in the first place - which most dont) then you would still be paying it today. So, odds dont look likely on that one.

Not sure HSBC ever did overdraft PPI. Most banks didnt. Although some did.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Brilliant, thanks for the information dunstonh!
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills